• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bore guide for Accuracy International?

RyeDaddy

Dickhole
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2009
Hellbound in Fort Worth, TX
What bore guide is everyone using for AI AW's in short action and where do I buy one?

I see Possum Hollow makes one (model 223, put that in a search and see what happens) but no one seems to stock it. Badger Ordnance also makes one but no one seems to carry that either and they won't sell anything except actions direct over the phone.

What am I supposed to do here?

AI does have there own bore guid. Mile High shooting has them.

You can custom order a Lucas bore guide and won't regret it. Just shoot him an e-mail and tell him what kind of rifle you have. I've got one for my Surgeon and love it.

Order from:
Mike Lucas

Please use E-mail if possible.

225 Browns River Road
Lexington, SC 29072
email: [email protected]

Mike lucas makes really nice ones. I have had 6 of of them. It may take a little time to get one.

Last edited:
I ordered a guide from Mike earlier today and he advises the next batch will ship by 12/9. My last Lucas guide shipped about a week before the date he quoted.

Mile high had a Lucas guid for AI In stock when I was looking for one.

Shit with these recommendations this is probably the only time in my life I'll be excited to buy a cleaning product. Never had a Lucas before. Thanks for the heads up Napsters, I'll call Mile High tomorrow and see if they have one in stock.

Lucas is the best, factory AI right behind. Dewey makes some good guides also. Midway had some generics if low price is a factor.

Does the AI AT 308 take the normal Lucas bore? I would like to order one ahead of time.

The AW SA and AW LA bore-guides are the same. The AX has a new bore guide (AI-6607).

Don't let the different AI part numbers throw you for a loop... They are different part numbers, but identical guides.

I have a spare, never used "AI official" AW bore-guide if you want to purchase it. PM me if so.

The ID measures the same on mine, and I bought them through MH via each different part number. They work perfectly in my AW and AWSM... no slop or random movement.

Last edited: