• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bore Guide for AI AE MK II

Vin

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2004
Just curious what bore guides guys are using. The ones I have for my other rifles dont fit the AI.Thx

Re: Bore Guide for AI AE MK II

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TJ.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AI issue </div></div>Same here.

You have 4 options for the AE:

a) See if the factory AW boreguide will fit it; doesn't seal with o-rings
b) Order a custom one from sinclair; has o-rings, they stock one for the AW
c) Order a custom one from Possum Hollow
d) Order a custom one from Lucas

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: awp762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">a) See if the factory AW boreguide will fit it; doesn't seal with o-rings
</div></div>It will, the bolt is interchangeable on these two models. However, I have one and I have looked at the Lucas, and I will say that the Lucas is nicer, it seals with O-rings and fits the rod perfectly. I'm not really sure how essential this is on a bore guide, but if you are a bore guide nut, than the AI one is probably not for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: awp762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
d) Order a custom one from Lucas
</div></div>

D is the answer.

Thx for your help guys.