• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

bore guide for AR

RidgeRebel

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2009
Hurricane, UT
Hey guys
Sorry to beat a dead horse but I need a good bore guide for my AR 5.56. I don't exactly know how they work. I bought a universal bore guide that had 3 tips for it but none of them actually go all the way into the chamber. What kind do I need? Thanks in advance for your comments.

Re: bore guide for AR

I bought a Stoney Creek and it works great for me. Optics Planet handles them but I got mine from a Sportsman's Warehouse store on Colorado.

Jp enterprises makes a bore guide out of aluminum that is really nice. It is about twice as much as others but I think it is worth it

I use the Sinclair bore guide with the optional solvent port attachment. Been usung it for years, and I'm completely satisfied with it. It's very well made and fits perfectly.

The o-rings are easily replaceable when they finally wear out, but it takes lots and lots of cleanings before thats necessary.