• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bore guide for Howa 1500 .308

pklin1297

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2008
Fontana, CA
Hello all,

I picked up this Dewey bore guide for .30 cal last week:

dewABS3-2.jpg

I tried to use it on my Howa 1500 .308 today, the instructions said I should be able to push at least one of the two O-rings into the chamber and secure, but as hard as I tried I could not.

The silver part should also be able to slide into the back of the action and the brass rod secured in the stock where the bolt handle rests, but it would not go in far enough to do that.

Then I noticed on the label and instruction that Howa was not on the list of acceptable actions, and that Dewey makes one for Weatherby. Just wondering if anyone is using this Bore Guide for their Howas?

Can anyone who owns a Howa suggest another bore guide that works with Howas?

Thanks much.

Re: Bore guide for Howa 1500 .308

Sinclair has them. I am not sure of the part number. However, just give them a call and they will tell you. Mine works great and fits like a glove.

avd

Pete,

They are not adjustable. I will send you a pic tomorrow. They are white and one piece. I will try and get you more info in the am.

avd

Got it. So that one will fit? Just wondering since it said they can make custom guides depending on action. Too bad they are out right now, I'll see if I can find it elsewhere. That was the one I was going to buy originally, but just happened to find the Dewey locally.

Thanks!

The only reason i recommend Possum hollow, is because the original 223 guide i bought was about 1mm to thick in diameter to fit. I sent an email, and possum hollow priority mailed me a new one, despite the fact i bought it on Midway.

Thats really good CS.

Besides, their guide rods are machined to fit *YOUR* rifles receiver and barrel, not just a generic caliber...