• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

bore guide

It keeps the solvent from dripping into the action, it does help in guiding the brush down the center line also.

Yes. It is protecting the chamber throat and leade of the rifling from damage by the cleaning rod by making sure it is perfectly aligned as it enters this area. It also minimizes flexing/rubbing of the rod against the sides as the patch or brush encounters resistance as it passes through the bore. It does keep solvent out of the trigger mechanism as a side benefit, but getting solvent in the mechanism is easily fixable whereas bore damage is not.

i will not clean one of my guns with out one as they do all the things listed above,i buy mine from sinclair and they are action and caliber specific i think they are made buy possum hollow. i have 3 stoney point ones that are in different sizes that are universal that i bough a
long time ago i use them if i pick up a gun that i don't have one that is made for that gun until i can get one.

I looked up a few. That possum hollow one looks like a good one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Unless you are willing to spend a lot more, and wait a lot longer for a Lucas (which I never have), you can't do better than the Possum Hollow in my opinion. Get one with the solvent port, or at least get an add-on port if it doesn't have one. Also, I just learned after waiting for 4 months on a back-ordered one from Brownell's, if you call Possum Hollow direct, Eric can probably get one to you in a couple of days. If your rifle has a high comb and it isn't easy to move it out of the way (folding stock, etc.), the guide with the port may be too long and interfere with the comb/riser. In that case, the guide without the port can be used (because it is shorter), and then the add-on solvent port can be fitted to the guide after it is in place in the action.

Looking on Sinclair and its over complicated on which one you need. Looking 6.5 Creedmore in a Remington 700 SA. What do I all need? A link would be awesome.

Lucas is what I use on my bolt guns. ARs get Dewey.

I read a lot about how difficult it is to get a hold of him but to really be honest, I have not experienced it and I have four of his bore guides. Responds to email within 8 hours, usually much sooner, and product has always been in my hand in 3-4 weeks max

Last edited:
Looking on Sinclair and its over complicated on which one you need. Looking 6.5 Creedmore in a Remington 700 SA. What do I all need? A link would be awesome.

I agree, in fact it's nearly impossible to be sure of what you're ordering based on the info they give, depending on what you're looking for. The best thing to do is call them, tell them what you want, and let them look it up...which is what I did when I was looking for the same one you are.

Try this: SKU# 749-002-945

That's the one with the integral solvent port. To use it, you will need a rifle with a comb/cheek riser that isn't too high, or can be moved out of the way (removed, or folding stock, etc) because the guide will extend out to interfere in that area. They make a short one without the port (don't know the number) for rifles that you can't move the comb out of the way on. They also make a separate add-on port that you can stick into the end of the non-ported one once you get it in the action on one of those rifles.

After dealing with this crap, I recommend calling Eric @ Possum Hollow, tell him what you want, and order it direct from him, but the above SKU should be what you need and it showed in stock, so either way... I use mine in a Defiance Deviant (not R700) SA 6.5CM and it fits perfectly. I'd still verify when you order though.

Lucas is what I use on my bolt guns. ARs get Dewey.

I read a lot about how difficult it is to get a hold of him but to really be honest, I have not experienced it and I have of bore guides. Responds to email within 8 hours, usually much sooner, and product has always been in my hand in 3-4 weeks max

I always get a kick out of this. Mr. Lucas and Scott Parker must be evil twins. In every thread about either of them, there's always half who have tried every avenue for months on end and never gotten a reply, and the other half who always get a response to any attempt at communication within a day.

Seems that way. Maybe I am lucky. I was told a while ago by another member here that emails to him have to include certain information. I have always done it and I always get a quick answer.

Phone calls don't work. He never picks up the phone or so I was told

Probably have bought 8+ Lucas guides over the years and never had any issues getting in touch with him via email and he generally responds in less than 24 hours and usually have the guides in 3 weeks or less. Would use anything but his on my rifles.