• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Bore scope in Wichita, KS

ToddKS

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2010
Wichita, KS
Is there anyone out there with a bore scope in the Wichita, KS area that would be willing to let me take a look down the barrel of my 308 with it?

I am debating the need for a new barrel and would like to have a look first. I am considering buying a bore scope but that would impact my barrel fund.

Thanks,

Todd

Dont bother looking just replace it.
Once you bore scope a barrel you will replace it after seeing what goes on in there

It quit shooting. That is what prompted me to want to look at it. I tried chasing the lands (I knew there was erosion because my OAL to the lands changed) but I was not able to recover the previous accuracy. The final straw was when I tried some 175 SMK's (I have been shooting 180's). I could not find a load that was even reasonable and realized that I had now spent a third of the cost of a new barrel trying to make this one shoot.

I just finished installing my new Shilen barrel :)