• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bore scope question. 6.5 PRC

806guns

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 17, 2020
Texas
I have a 6.5 PRC barrel that i bore scoped before cleaning and think i have a carbon ring building up.
1000008564.jpg

After a light cleaning
1000008576.jpg

New brass in chamber with camera from the muzzle
1000008581.jpg

What am i seeing and what needs addressed? Newb here. Looks like fire cracking starting for new. Just not sure on what a carbon ring is exactly. Thanks

When you get a carbon ring it will be in and in front of where your case mouth sits, up to the chamber wall. I don't see one in the pictures, just normal staining of the area. When you get one, just use a caliber size larger bronze brush with Iosso paste for some short strokes of just that area.

Reactions: 806guns
When you get a carbon ring it will be in and in front of where your case mouth sits, up to the chamber wall. I don't see one in the pictures, just normal staining of the area. When you get one, just use a caliber size larger bronze brush with Iosso paste for some short strokes of just that area.
Thank you for this. I bought this barrel used and was a little worried. Time to go shoot and see what kind of accuracy it has

Reactions: FredHammer
Providing those really clear pictures made it easy! Majority of borescope diagnosis requests are shit pics that nobody can make a determination on. Probably why you got such little attention to this thread, LOL.

Reactions: 806guns
6 rounds top right at 100 yards with 147gr eldm factory ammo works for me. No issues
1000008615.jpg
1000008614.jpg