• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bore sight recommendations

Glock1943

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2021
Huntsville, AL
Hey fellas, I have an AR-15 with an EXPS 2 and a G45 on it and need to sight it in. Anyone have a recommendation for a boresight under say $50?

A big target at 25 yards is how I sight in. I’ve tried boresighting, although not with a laser, and I’ve not seen the success that others claim. Ends up costing me more ammo than I want.

Now I boresight at 25 yards, put one hole on the target, then measure and adjust. Roughly 0.75-1.0” low at 25 yds is pretty close to a 100-yd zero for most centerfire cartridges.

Just my thoughts on it, not saying you can’t effectively go the route you’re thinking.

I use the Aimshot 223 laser with the external battery pack (MBS223 runs for hours on AAA's). been using them for a while with the sleeves/arbors for different calibers but do use it sometimes on the AR when I'm swapping optics around. Just make sure to remove the bolt so it doesn't slam shut on the small wire to the battery box. when ammo was $$ and hard to find it was helpful especially in some higher priced calibers. Mine has always been very accurate.

Reactions: Glock1943
Hey fellas, I have an AR-15 with an EXPS 2 and a G45 on it and need to sight it in. Anyone have a recommendation for a boresight under say $50?
The sightmark laser boresight cartridges work pretty good for AR’s, since you can’t use a traditional tool. I have them in .223, .300 BLK, 6.5 Grendel, .357 Mag, .44 Mag, and a couple others.

This website has printable targets for a 50 or 100 yard zero on a 25 yard range.

http://www.arma-dynamics.com/red-dot-zero-targets.html

Place the target at 25 yards. Your point of aim should be at the colored / bold outlined portion of the target. Fire your group. Adjust the point of impact to the GRAY DOT in the middle of the target.

red%20dot%2025yd%20mod1%20(ar-15).jpg

red%20dot%2025yd100%20mod1%20(ar-15).jpg