• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Bore Sighting

Re: Bore Sighting

laugh.gif
the pros don't use lasers!

looks like the normal cut out in the stock to me.. & definately dont see a bolt there..

green ninja: roll them sleeves down haha. when you gonna upgrade to the S&B's? dont see many of the 'ol 10x's around anymore.

they look tight to me. i can see the screw holes, that may be what you are seeing. but they are definitely tight. the bolt cutout looks big because it appears that it was painted with the bolt in place.

he's napping... or doing a quick bore sight. doing it that way is quicker than fiddling with a tool in some cases

i agree and cheaper to. it also does the same damn thing. who says you have to do it on paper though. that towel head 200 yards out will work just fine. lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: praharin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.. doing a quick bore sight. doing it that way is quicker than fiddling with a tool in some cases </div></div>

yup,people use the same technique for the black rifles , it works.

What a joke...he'll be lucky if he's on paper at 25M after this shoddy boresight. Fire two rounds w/ a spotter and adjust...save yout time.

Actually, he is correct. That is how it is taught in school. You first remove the bolt and line up the target the best you can by viewing down the barrel then you can fire your spotters.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NGSoldier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What a joke...he'll be lucky if he's on paper at 25M after this shoddy boresight. Fire two rounds w/ a spotter and adjust...save yout time. </div></div>

Dont talk like an idiot.

C_K

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chris_K</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NGSoldier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What a joke...he'll be lucky if he's on paper at 25M after this shoddy boresight. Fire two rounds w/ a spotter and adjust...save yout time. </div></div>

Dont talk like an idiot.

C_K </div></div>

+1

I've always done it this way. Works just fine for me. Try it before you spout off something stupid like that.

+ 10
I guess he skipped that morning's class at the NG Sniper school!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Metalhead0483</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chris_K</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NGSoldier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What a joke...he'll be lucky if he's on paper at 25M after this shoddy boresight. Fire two rounds w/ a spotter and adjust...save yout time. </div></div>

Dont talk like an idiot.

C_K </div></div>

+1

I've always done it this way. Works just fine for me. Try it before you spout off something stupid like that.</div></div>

+2 Maybe for the Nasty Girls no one does it like this. Even works on an M4 better and faster than the shitty boresighters you have to dail in.

It's worked for me.

When I mounted the Vortex on my 40XB I bore sighted at 50yards. I was withing 6" on the first shot.

It's been taught that way for a long time. The best part is you have all the tools you need to do it with you all the time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chris_K</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NGSoldier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What a joke...he'll be lucky if he's on paper at 25M after this shoddy boresight. Fire two rounds w/ a spotter and adjust...save yout time. </div></div>

Dont talk like an idiot.

C_K</div></div>
too late

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HillbillyfromAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Metalhead0483</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chris_K</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NGSoldier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What a joke...he'll be lucky if he's on paper at 25M after this shoddy boresight. Fire two rounds w/ a spotter and adjust...save yout time. </div></div>

Dont talk like an idiot.

C_K </div></div>

+1

I've always done it this way. Works just fine for me. Try it before you spout off something stupid like that.</div></div>

+2 Maybe for the Nasty Girls no one does it like this. Even works on an M4 better and faster than the shitty boresighters you have to dail in. </div></div>
+3
This way works good too. I've heard of guys blowing out thier rifles, forgetting to take thier laser boresighter out from the front of thier brls. This technique prohibits that.
wink.gif

Thats the way I've always done it. Puts me on paper every time. Also makes you a little too popular at the gun range so don't let all the newbs see you doing it. A few years ago before hunting season I went with a friend to go sight in a new rifle, turns out there were about 7 guys there with new rifles or optics for the hunting season. Long story short, I sighted in 8 rifles that afternoon. The last few were with a carhart jacket folded up on my skinny ass shoulder.

looks something like this: (in part 1 leveled the rifle on the scope base with a level)

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1560808&gonew=1#UNREAD

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NGSoldier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What a joke...he'll be lucky if he's on paper at 25M after this shoddy boresight. Fire two rounds w/ a spotter and adjust...save yout time. </div></div>

usually takes less than ten rounds to be dead nuts at 100 yards.

I went to NG school...been able to hang with all the Benning guys I've ever met. Same dang school guys...same training, same curriculum, same everything. TRADOC runs it, so there's no deviation, except for maybe the ego's they teach at Benning.
smile.gif

C_K

yup, i bought a laser boresighter, and i have know idea where its at used it once, and its gone. Looking down the tube has always done the trick, puts me on paper.

Yup, eyeball down the pipe. Works every time! Helped a kid a couple weeks ago at the range get his brand new AR on paper and battle sighted. Boresighting is gtg, and always works( even w/out batteries).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Reaper332</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NG has a sniper school? I was joking sounds like you are too. </div></div>
No....the US ARMY does. Ever seen what is on a NG Soldier's uniform? US ARMY. The Army does not keep soldier's out of TRADOC training programs just because they are AD, Reserve, or NG. I think that was his point, that he has taken training along side guys from Benning, and had no trouble keeping up! If your unit thinks you need training in a particular area, they will send you to the training. Do you know how many reserve component Soldiers are in theater right now? You would be surprised!!! Did you know that Florida NG has a Special Forces unit?

I went to NG school...been able to hang with all the Benning guys I've ever met. Same dang school guys...same training, same curriculum, same everything. TRADOC runs it, so there's no deviation, except for maybe the ego's they teach at Benning.

C_K

Read the first line bugg25.. Now im no brain surgeon but that is pretty cut and dry. Yes I have meet a few NG cats in theater and worked beside a NG SF unit in Asadabad, Afgan. So I know what ur saying but dont stick up for someone who dosent know what he is talking about.

Only way I ever do it......working on my post count!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: s.i.t.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i agree and cheaper to. it also does the same damn thing. who says you have to do it on paper though. that towel head 200 yards out will work just fine. lol</div></div>

As long as you make so he don't move.... I always had trouble bore-sighting on a moving target.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Reaper332</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NG has a sniper school? I was joking sounds like you are too. </div></div>

Yes, light hearted all the way. I'm never very serious.

C_K