• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bore Squeeg-E Remington's New Bore Cleaner

landtoy80

Sergeant
Minuteman
Anyone try Remington's Bore Squeeg-E ? Rem's Squeeg-E

Its a rubber squeegee with several ribs on it that squeegees out the bore, no cleaning patches needed.

I use the Otis pull cord and foam bore cleaners. Wounder how Rem's Squeeg-E would work with foam bore cleaner? Rem shows cleaning with a brush first, I don't see a need to brush anymore with the foam bore cleaner out there.

I am sure it might work on new shinny bores but how would it work on the sewer pipe looking or pitted bores of many surplus rifles? ei:Yugo AK'sM91/30 etc
I go through a ton of patches when cleaning up the bore in a "well used" surplus bore.

If the threads are the same on the Squeeg-E as my Otis I might pick up one in 30 cal and try it if I find it at a sporting goods store.

Re: Bore Squeeg-E Remington's New Bore Cleaner

Thats awesome!.... if it works.... Took the idea from paintball and just ran with it. I would probably pick one up in each of my calibers if it works. The only thing is how more effective could it be than a bore snake?

I have seen some spiraled squeege cleaners like this, not sure what design would be better.

How do you use a boresnake? I have one and after one pull isn't it dirty? If you reuse it after its its dirty aren't you just pulling crud back through your bore?
I bought it for my SVT40 and after shooting some corrosive rounds. I pulled the snake through and then wondered how do I clean off the corrosive crap off the snake so I can pull it through again without contanimating the bore again. Wanted to do this while at the range.

The Squeeg-e would be nice for shooting corrosive ammo at the range. Just squirt Windex with ammonia in the bore and then pull a squeeg-e.

Personally, I don't see the point. It oughhta do a good job of removing liquid from the bore. Currently, it takes me two or three patches to do that, and the last one is just to be sure.

Seems like this squeegee would save me a patch or two each time I clean, which is ~10 times in a non-308 barrels life. So I'd save maybe 20 patches.

Am I missing something here?

There is not much savings of patches unless you use corrosive or have worn pitted surplus bores then I wounder how it works on those bores. My trash basket is full of patches after trying to clean my M91/30 and PPS43 with M91/30 barrel.
I need a 4'or 5' long ultra sonic cleaner for my surplus barrels
smile.gif

I don't think I would us it on my Tikka rifles.

I don't shoot corrosive ammo, but have heard about the Windex salt neutralizing trick. The squeegee seems well suited for that.

Stick it in the throat, spray Windex down bore, squeegee out.

This is very interesting i am tagging to see if anyone has real usage experience

I recently bought this and began using it on my .308.

I have a custom savage build with a McGowan barrel and it seems to work fine.

It gets the vast majority out of the barrel but, it's not quite a PERFECT clean.

IMO, it gets close enough but, for a perfect clean I'd say do the squeegee and then run a patch.