• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bore Tech Bore Stix???

Kpchurch

Voluntold Youso
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I’m needing a cleaning rod now that my rifle has arrived. I’m leaning towards the Bore Tech Proof Positive 50” in 6mm to clean my 26” 6.5 MPA. Is this a good option or should I be looking at something else?

Any recommendations on where I could look to pick one of these up? I haven’t found any place local (ATLANTA) and shipping is +$50 straight Bore Tech. Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

I use them and they are great Not a bad choice at all

I have several Proof Positive rods and I'm very happy with them. I like that the handle colors are caliber range specific and they are made well.

Bore tech is good stuff. Look on eBay for sellers with free shipping or bundle a bunch of their cleaning solutions which are awesome too and make the shipping worth while.

I have some boretech rods, but have since moved on to Pro-Shot micro polished stainless steel rods which I have come to prefer.

The bearings are good on the boretech's, and I like the sticky rubber like compound they use on the grips, but you have to be careful with the coating on the rod as any abrasion will strip the coating off.

I have some boretech rods, but have since moved on to Pro-Shot micro polished stainless steel rods which I have come to prefer.

The bearings are good on the boretech's, and I like the sticky rubber like compound they use on the grips, but you have to be careful with the coating on the rod as any abrasion will strip the coating off.

Yes the coating does come off easier than I would like. I really like my Tipton carbon rods.

Reactions: kthomas