• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Boresight Solutions custom Kimber

dksd39

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2006
Hollywood, FL/ Kentucky
I recently decided to upgrade my Kimber CDP. After considering several builders my friend Ozzie of STR recommended that I give Boresight Solutions a call. They are local and since he gave his recommendation I called and spoke with Ben and Chad. Most people know Ben for his work on Glock’s and other plastic guns but many (including me) do not know they also work on 1911’s. Chad focuses on the 1911 side. They do basic mods right up to full on custom builds. His web sight is still a little behind the curve and is not 100% complete to what he offers but their 1911 work is top notch and reaonably priced.
Now as to what was done to my CDP…

Match grade bushing and plug.
Barrel was re-crowned.
Full trigger job with all new internals.
Conversion from series 80 to series 70 (removal of firing pin safety).
Recoil assembly was converted from from full length to USGI spec.

Now the all important question....how does it shoot? GREAT. I picked it up and went straight to a range and have to say I could not be happier. Huge props to Chad and thanks to both Ben and Chad for the work and services FAR above and beyond.

kimber1.jpg

kimber2.jpg

kimber4.jpg

kimber5.jpg