• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Boresighters

MJBmxz

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 5, 2010
Chilton,WI
www.facebook.com
I was looking at buying a mechanical boresighter, instead of lazer to help with leveling crosshairs. Then read that guys who had flash suppressors can't use them. Anyone recommend one I can use from my .22 up to .50 muzzleloader? Thanks

Re: Boresighters

I may be wrong here, but I don't think a collimator is going to help you much "leveling crosshairs".

The most effective way to level crosshairs, I learned here on Sniper's Hide. It is referred to as the "feeler gauge method". It is limited to mounting on rails or a receiver that has a flat surface under the turret. If the feeler gauge won't work, there's always the tried and true plumb line or other verticle line.

Kevin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ktdls7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I may be wrong here, but I don't think a collimator is going to help you much "leveling crosshairs".

The most effective way to level crosshairs, I learned here on Sniper's Hide. It is referred to as the "feeler gauge method". It is limited to mounting on rails or a receiver that has a flat surface under the turret. If the feeler gauge won't work, there's always the tried and true plumb line or other verticle line.

Kevin</div></div>
This is the best way to do it. Simple, fast, accurate, and foolproof.
Did I mention cheap?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use the Luepold magnetic it works on any barrel threaded or not </div></div>

+1 on the Leupold.

If I cant bore sight through the barrel the Leupold has been pretty handy. I have used it more on my friends shotguns and lever guns than my own stuff.

Sounds like the Leupold is the way to go. After some review checking alot of people like it. I have the Wheeler Level-Level-Level kit for crosshairs, but don't know how accurate it is. I can use a plumline though, level the gun, then the crosshairs.

I appreciated the info guys. Now time to burn up Cabelas gift-card.