• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BoreTech - What all do I need?

CybrSlydr

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2021
Casper, WY
Putting together a cleaning kit for my 6.5mm Creedmoor rifle. I could use some assistance on what all I need for a complete kit.

Bore stick
Patch guide
Jag
Nylon brushes
Patches
Bore mop

What else do you need?

You need a cleaning rod.
You’ll want a jag/loop/brush.
You’ll need patches/pellets/paper towels/old tshirt.
You’ll want whatever fluids you eventually develop a preference for.
You’ll want a bore guide maybe.

Lots of it is just personal preference.

I would skip the nylon brush and go bronze personally. I tried the nylon brushes for a while and went pack to bronze. Nylon took too much effort for me.

Reactions: Poorboyr
Just don’t seem to be stiff or aggressive enough. I was using Iosso brushes.

I still use nylon brushes wrapped in patches to do the final mop out of the chamber and barrel. I just “feel” they do a better job getting into all the crevices to mop it out.

I just received a pretty big order from BoreTech, I will say I have the Action cleaning rod from Dewey and just got the one from BoreTech. Worlds of difference. the boretech action cleaner is a must.

I just received a pretty big order from BoreTech, I will say I have the Action cleaning rod from Dewey and just got the one from BoreTech. Worlds of difference. the boretech action cleaner is a must.
Which one do you like better? Why?

How does it clean the front of the barrel lugs?
Anybody know of a video?

F-Class John compares several including the BoreTech.

I got one recently and it works great, though I have nothing to compare it to (other than patches around a brush).

Reactions: Ichi
I would skip the nylon brush and go bronze personally. I tried the nylon brushes for a while and went pack to bronze. Nylon took too much effort for me.
were you using the nylon several cleanings or just use one and throw it away?

Multiple cleanings but even new it was more work. I did buy the PVA muzzle caps and will try soaking and maybe the nylon will work but I’m honestly not seeing the benefit. Having a hard time believing that the bronze brush is going to hurt a SS barrel