• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Boring Cabela's Plastic ammo Box to WOW!!!!

Suasponte

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Tried my hand at hydro dipping tonight on some Cabela's Plastic 50rnd 308 boxes and a couple Magpul 30rnd Pmags.

Pretty happy with the results. the First Pmag slipped outa my grip when dipping and did not come out that great but still looks pretty decent.

Now to get the balls to do my bell and carlson stock.

Then maybe the Mark 4 Leupold. Gotta dip some more stuff and get a comfort zone on it.

P1010230_zpscb57ea43.jpg

P1010231_zpsdb004ce3.jpg

P1010232_zps1e7d5272.jpg

Magpul Pmag
P1010233_zpsf02919b9.jpg

Pmag Floor plate

P1010234_zps2da847c1.jpg

Got the Camo dipping fever now!
eek.gif

My buddy was over loading some 45's on the Dillon and watched now he's gathering up shit to camo!

Terry

Re: Boring Cabela's Plastic ammo Box to WOW!!!!

Gotta get the other buddy to sandblast my crappy drum on the tumbler and camo that SOB.

Terry

DAMN SON! That is slick!

Any downsides to it, what is needed for prep, and how is the durability and price?

Google "MYDIPKIT" and there is plenty of video on youtube to watch.

just search Hydro Transfer printing.

You clean the part, primer, base coat it and dip it. Not to difficult.

The kit was like $75 shipped and I still have lots of film left to keep going. You can buy shit loads of different patterns.

TWN Water Transfer printing has a bunch of patterns to choose from.

Terry

The pattern on my stuff is the Vietnam Camo.

Terry

Below is a picture of the Camo film. Still have about 5ft on the roll.

P1010236_zps1054903e.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 280nosler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DAMN SON! That is slick!

Any downsides to it, what is needed for prep, and how is the durability and price? </div></div>

Downside?
Can't find shit! Not for the woods!

Awesome.... If I find any multicam when I Google the stuff its all over. My wife will probably hate me when I make EVERYTHING multicam!

interesting looking stuff. How tough is the finish?

As tuff as the clear coat finish you spray over the finished dipped product.

Coloshootr:

TWN Water Transfer has the Multicam film!! Have some on order.
Got a Mark4 leupold off a hide member that was Multicam dipped and I am looking into making the stock on the FN Spr match it.

Terry

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: suasponte</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My buddy was over loading some 45's on the Dillon and watched now he's gathering up shit to camo!

Terry </div></div>

Dip the Dillon!!
smile.gif