• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bottom Metal Advice

RoverG79

Private
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2007
Madison, MS
I need to upgrade bottom metal on my 300WM because it wont hold MK248 ammo. I don't need or want a DBM on this rifle as I am trying to keep it light. advice

I added a picture to make the post interesting.

PinkGun002.jpg

Re: Bottom Metal Advice

do you have the stock bottom on it? Is that an HS precision stock? I know that Badger and Surgeon both make bottom hardware that are nice. I believe HS precision also makes some.

yeah it's the stock bottom metal. I'm pretty familiar with all the after market brands, what i don't know is which is going to hold and cycle long seated 300WM ammo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmg308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just have your stock,action modified and use a wyatts extended magazine box.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?pr...tm_campaign=649</div></div>

What kind of action modification will it need?

ETA: From Wyatts: The rear of the magazine cut-out in the bottom of the receiver must be milled back .125", and the bolt stop must be shortened .110".

Any other solutions out there?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gutowsky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">RoverG79 found you answer! </div></div>

What does that even mean?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmg308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The modifications are very minor any smith can knock it out in no time.</div></div>

Thanks for the information.