• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bottom Metal - differences between the various models?

The-Fly

Minuteman
Nov 14, 2012
Colorado
So I'm leaning towards getting a Manners T5A stock for my Surgeon 591 rig thats currently in an AICS stock. Obviously I'll need to get some sort of bottom metal to go with the Manners.

I'm seeing a million models out there. Are they all good, or are some junk, or what?

I have two Manners mini-chassis. I have a MCM A5 with Surgeon Bottom metal too. I prefer the Surgeon Bottom metal. It is the most expensive, but the best. The mag release lever doesn't protrude like the badger system, and it has a forward lip to guide the magazine in. The Surgeon design is more aesthetically pleasing; I would even use it on a hunting rifle. The downside, compared to the mini-chassis, is that you would need to bed your rifle. Despite the additional cost this is the route I would go if I was building a rifle from the ground up.

Perhaps what you may want to do is see what's available on their "stocks ready to ship" page. That may help you decide.

I dont mind having to bed the stock. That said, I like the way the longer style mag release, easier to reach IMHO. However the forward lip to help insert the mag appeals to me.

Any other thoughts guys ?

Mini chassis or APA's RTG bottom metal is my pick. Have both and like both.

Ordered my T5A with their mini chassis system (which apparently is a Badger bottom metal). Hope its as good as the price ;)