• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bottom metal for R700 sps tactical

Csolson987

Private
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2011
monroe, washington
I am looking for suggestions on where I can get good bottom metal and magazines for my r700 sps tactical chambered in .308. I have seen a few but most of the ones I have found are for the r700 BDL. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Bottom metal for R700 sps tactical

700 bdl is just the hinged botom metal repeater version and bottom metal that works with it will work with the SPS and other similar 700 models.

Are you looking for a detachable magazine version?

I'm assuming you're looking to convert to a DBM system since you're asking about mags. Honestly the best bottom metal for a 700 would be either an AI or McRee chassis. In the grand scheme of things you'll probably come out ahead with something like that rather than investing in a top shelf stock and bottom metal separately.

I do want to switch to a DBM system but I don't have a lot of cash to put into it. Is there a way I could get a bottom metal and 10 round mags without getting a whole new chassis?

Well you can pick up a DBM for between $100 and $350. Mags around $70 each and then you should replace the houge stock with something better $175-$600. Then inlet it yourself or pay $60-150 to have it done. On the cheap end you could pick up a used hs precision stock for around $175, an atlasworxs DBM for $100, inlet it yourself, and wait for a used mag to show up in the classifieds. Still. Gonna be $325 on the cheap end.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSOlson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do want to switch to a DBM system but I don't have a lot of cash to put into it. Is there a way I could get a bottom metal and 10 round mags without getting a whole new chassis? </div></div>
Yes and no. You could inlet your factory stock, but that costs time and money to an end that you probably won't be happy with in the long run. You'll be far happier to get yourself a quality stock that you can have bedded and comes inleted.

Sorry if this comes off as a thread hijack, but it might help the OP with his issue. Do any of the DBM systems work with the Bell & Carlson stocks without gunsmithing on the SPS Tactical?