• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

bottom metal for tacticool savage mkII

keith jones

Minuteman
Sep 14, 2010
Bulls Gap,TN
I have recieved a boyds stock. I need bottom metal. The plate around magazine,plus the trigger housing. where to find and know i am gettin the right thing. Cannot ge ahold of anyone at savage shooter, nor replys to email.

Re: bottom metal for tacticool savage mkII

You can also call the Savage parts department. If you tell them what you are doing they will get you taken care of. Do remind them that you need the extra trigger guard screw.

You may find that you want the thicker bottom metal for the mag well. I'm probably going to upgrade so I can properly torque the screws.

Charlie

The Boyd's website now lists the part numbers you need to order from Savage. I just did this last week and it worked fine. Don't bother buying new action screws (I got talked into it), they're exactly the same as what you have. At least, they were for me.

As for the thicker bottom plate, that's one solution. My plan is to bed the plate I have. Even without that, I was able to get sufficient torque.

The rear screw on the trigger guard is a problem. Savage sent me a tiny little woodscrew for that, and it was way short. I had something lying around that I used, but you might be prepared for that.

I have four thick Bottom Metal pcs in my shop I finished bluing today. Shoot me a PM if you need one.
Reeljob

Boyds says they supply the tac stock to Savage for the TR.

Did any of you notice that there is space /gap between the stock and the threaded part of the gun, like it needs a spacer as to not flex the wooden stock when tighting the baceplate screws?