• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Bottom metal inletting question

wickedfish

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2007
ORANGE BEACH AL.
I inletted my stock for the Atlasworx bottom metal and the mag has to be pushed ever so lightly on the rear bottom after the first round is fed in to chamber for the rest to feed, what do I need to do to make this problem go away?

Re: Bottom metal inletting question

Do you have pictures of what you did? What did you use to inlet the DBM? It might just need to be bedded so it stays in place better? Have you tried more than the one magazine?

I will get pics, the Mcree's mags are loose, and the AI plastic mag has to be pushed up also, very little though not alot.

He has a longer release lever that may fix it. Mine does the same, haven't received the lever yet to try, but it should hold the mag a little higher. He will probably send you one free, just email him. All I've tried with mine so far was an Alpha mag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WICKEDFISH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you have the address for him? </div></div>

Sent you a PM

With out pictures, I'm guessing you need to open up the mag lips,a little, allowing the round to sit higher in the mag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WICKEDFISH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I inletted my stock for the Atlasworx bottom metal and the mag has to be pushed ever so lightly on the rear bottom after the first round is fed in to chamber for the rest to feed, what do I need to do to make this problem go away? </div></div>

The new latches are a much. Better fit. Personally I think they dropped the all or problem to begin with. With the longer latch and no other modifications it. Rings the mag up to the correc position. Either way the bottom line is Collen was quick to offer a new latch for every bottom metal I purchased. I had a package show up with 9 new levers, spring, and pins. Problem-solution-GTG