• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bottom Metal Options for BDL Inlet

huntfish

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2010
I have a couple of McMs that are inletted for BDL. What are my options for DM systems that will drop into BDL inletting without too much milling, and will allow me to run AI or similiar mags?

How much trouble is it / Is it possible / to inlett BDL to receive Badger or Seekins DM?

You are probably better off going with industry standard AICS mags than the proprietary BDL drop ins.

Go to the Badger Ordnance website and look under services. Ship your stock to Badger and they will CNC the M5 inlet into your stock for $75. The turn around is a week or two. Do yourself a favor and look at PTG Stealth bottom metal too.

Stiller Precision DBM is the closest to the size of BDL and requires minimal and in some cases none to fit. Give them a call (972) 429-5000 and they can give more info.

The PTG is a lot cheaper than a Badger. It might just be the one I go with when I get my new stock. All above would do the trick. Badger is the way to do if you dont want to mess with it yourself.