• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

bottom metal

mitchellchandler_au

Private
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2008
Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone knows of a bottom metal that has the same inlet as a badger M5? i was thinking that i dont like the DBM system as much as the standard remington floor plate i had on my 700 police rifle and was thinking about changing back.
Thanks,

I am almost 100% sure Hawkins makes one. I am sure other manufactures do too. I seem to recall it is called an Oberdorf(sp?) floor plate.

Reactions: toader
I'm in the process of converting a 700pss over to a DBM. Just got the hawkin's and started to fit it to the receiver today, getting my measurements to do the inletting and all that. The m5 (Badger Ord & Hwakins), and Oberdorf are about the only two options there is on the DBM's. (iirc the wyatt and the oberndorf are the same, could be wrong though) Hawkins also offers an AW magwell. Anyway, as for the OP's dilema, If the stock has been inletted already, he has two options. #1 is to buy a new stock, HS precision still makes that style of stock and there are many other options as well with both HS and other stock makers. #2 is drilling out the bedding block and installing pillars and bedding in the factory bottom back in place.

Last edited:
I'm in the process of converting a 700pss over to a DBM. Just got the hawkin's and started to fit it to the receiver today, getting my measurements to do the inletting and all that. The m5 (Badger Ord & Hwakins), and Oberdorf are about the only two options there is on the DBM's. (iirc the wyatt and the oberdorf are the same, could be wrong though) Hawkins also offers an AW magwell. Anyway, as for the OP's dilema, If the stock has been inletted already, he has two options. #1 is to buy a new stock, HS precision still makes that style of stock and there are many other options as well with both HS and other stock makers. #2 is drilling out the bedding block and installing pillars and bedding in the factory bottom back in place.
Several companies make a BDL bottom metal, that fit in an M5 inlet.