• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Bottom Metals

Yaremkiv

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2018
Does everyone just put up with magazines riding up high enough to interfere with bolt cycle? Or am I missing something? My Cadex Defense chassis have material built up directly above the mag latch to stop the upward travel of the magazine once the latch grabs hold of it. In the middle of a build right now, why can't I find bottom metal that has something like this? Is noone else bothered by having something on the outside of the rifle that can obstruct the bolts path when pressed? Thanks.

That’s about the only bottom metal I can think of otherwise like kthomas said, you have chassis options.
Came across Terrys M5 Bottom Metal 15 minutes after posting my rant 🤦‍♂️

That's smart of KMW.

Don't have any of their DBM's (I almost exclusively run chassis'), but that is a very smart design feature. The KMW DBM seems like a no-brainer if you need a DBM.

Only thing I never got confirmation of was what mods you need to do to a Foundation stock inlet for the KMW M5 and which inlet (Badger or Hawkins) to start from.

Only thing I never got confirmation of was what mods you need to do to a Foundation stock inlet for the KMW M5 and which inlet (Badger or Hawkins) to start from.
John Kyle has a inlet program for the KMW M5.
The Foundation inlets are so darned seamless and tight they literally have a different "M5" program for each company's iteration to account for slight variations in radius, etc.

John Kyle has a inlet program for the KMW M5.
The Foundation inlets are so darned seamless and tight they literally have a different "M5" program for each company's iteration to account for slight variations in radius, etc.

It’s not available in their online drop-down and when I’ve asked they’ve said the opposite. 🤷🏻‍♂️