• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bought a 700 ADL in .308

LS6TT

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2009
DFW, Texas
Saw it at a great price at academy, didnt realize till I got home there isnt the std bottom metal to allow for extended mags. So does this mean if I wanted to add an extended mag I need to replace the stock with another 700 stock or an aftermarket one or am I SOL?

Re: Bought a 700 ADL in .308

are there any how-tos on doing it?

Anything about the ADL I need to know? I know i need to free float and bed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArtyCayne</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Timely post. I just did the same- purchased a rem 700 5r 300wm but didn't realize it had an internal mag.
</div></div>

Since when did the 5R start coming in ADL configuration?

Last I checked, they're all BDL.

am i assuming right that a ADL can drop into a BDL stock? just need the BDL floor plate and screws

Before you do anything I would suggest that you go shoot a few groups. Mine will shoot 3 rd groups that can be covered with a dime. If it is like mine I would consider free floating and bedding to be a waste of time.

Brownell's has a video about converting an ADL to a BDL. You might want to watch it before you order any parts.

thanks chris, yea my plan was to shoot before making any changes. the more I look at it, i dont think i care to do the BDL switch, im not nervous about ejecting live rounds from the chamber. and when I do the removable mag change i have to ditch the bottom metal anyhow. i watched that video yesterday seems very simple.