• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bought a Vudoo, did I make a mistake? (THREE 60)

quikcolin

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2018
London, Ontario
Hey guys,

I just ordered a barreled action V-22, 20” Kukri, with 30 MOA in black. It was the last one instock, and was able to use a discount code that made it roughly $300 cheaper than the new THREE 60 variant of the rifle, which I could have purchased from another store.

Now I’m wondering if I made a mistake? Should I cancel this ordered and just get the THREE 60? Pay the difference? Is it worth it?

It’s simply a bench rear rifle for me. No competitions.

Anyone have any insight on the matter? I’d the THREE 60 that much better?

Thanks.

Reactions: RAVAGE88
Hey guys,

I just ordered a barreled action V-22, 20” Kukri, with 30 MOA in black. It was the last one instock, and was able to use a discount code that made it roughly $300 cheaper than the new THREE 60 variant of the rifle, which I could have purchased from another store.

Now I’m wondering if I made a mistake? Should I cancel this ordered and just get the THREE 60? Pay the difference? Is it worth it?

Thanks.
I bought a Gen 1.2 used from another member on here, and it hasn't left me wanting anything other than a longer barrel to more closely match my centerfire setup. Plenty of clearance for my taste between the bolt handle and the scope, and I don't notice the 90-degree throw at all since everything else I shoot is 90 too.

Unless you're committed to short bolt throws across all your guns and that little bit of speed matters to you, I'd say it doesn't make any difference at all. Keep what you ordered, don't stress about it, and enjoy shooting tiny groups with fantastic reliability.

As the others have stated, don't worry about it, you still have an amazing rifle. I bought a Vudoo right before they announced the new 360 and initial had the same thought, but quickly got over it. I love mine and have no regrets...shoot it and have fun!

Reactions: quikcolin
I really appreciate it, guys! I feel a lot better now :). All my rifles are 90 degrees, so maybe it’s better this way.

Curious. Are they discontinuing the 90 degree version and is this three 60 the replacement? Or will both continue to be offered?

Personally love the 60 degree bolt throw but after shooting a 90 in rimfire for a while now, I don’t notice it anymore. I would just go with what you have and be happy. Great gun.

Don't stress it. You got a great rifle. I have had my gen 1 Vudoo for over 4 years now and going strong. Serial number 10. The 360 is nice for someone who likes a 60 degree throw but seeing as all my rifles have always been 90 degree the original suits me great. I am sure you will be happy when you get it.

I appreciate it, guys. I was worried there was more to it than just the action, but sounds like the exact same rifle just with a shorter lift. All my rifles are 90’s so no big deal on my end.

Now to figure out how I’m going to build it up! Stock. Trigger. Glass.

Reactions: Doctorwho1138
I have an estimate in for a barreled action for the 90. Had it for the 360 but spoke with some one on here who said there is no real difference in performance and that he has seen/heard the 360 has feeding issues? Can't speak from experience, only hearsay so take it how you will.

I really appreciate it, guys! I feel a lot better now :). All my rifles are 90 degrees, so maybe it’s better this way.

Curious. Are they discontinuing the 90 degree version and is this three 60 the replacement? Or will both continue to be offered?
If the majority of my other rifles were 90°, I would've done just what you did even if the Gen 2 & Three60 were the same price. The ONLY reason I have a Three60 vs the other is because I also shoot an AI & an ARC.

I have a Three60 with about 1,200 rounds thru it... No feeding issues with 5 different polymer mags & a Manners TCS.

Last edited:
My 2018 Vudoo is..... better than I am.

Ballistic-X-Export-2020-04-07 23:49:30.540681.png

• Love
See can’t go wrong with any action or year. Lol

The 360 barrel and the 90 degree version are the same, no? Theoretically there is no accuracy different between the two, no?

The 360 barrel and the 90 degree version are the same, no? Theoretically there is no accuracy different between the two, no?

Yup same barrels can be ordered and used on both. Pretty sure if you don’t specify it’s an Ace barrel which is excellent.

My centerrfire is a 60* bolt throw and I have the 1.2 Vudoo, it really has no difference in operation. i shoot it in .22PRS and love the gun

Hey guys,

Thanks.
What do you run for your centerfire?

I have one on order as well and went with the 90* since that is what i run. Better for muscle memory.

I have a 60 degree throw CF (Terminus Zeus) so I wanted to get a 360 to be consistent, but honestly switching between my Gen 1.2 and my Terminus only takes a minute or two to get used to it. It's not a big deal. The bigger difference is cycling a 308 bolt vs a 22rf bolt is very different in terms of the amount of distance to extract and feed the next round.

The only reason I'd switch is if you were looking to get a different barrel profile / specification which I did. I went from an 18" Ace to a 22" Benchmark. It wasn't cost effective to just do the barrel so I just got a new barreled action. The 360 feeds a little worse than the Gen 1.2, maybe there's more break-in to be done. Gen 1.2 had 10k rounds, and my 360 is around 700ish.

What do you run for your centerfire?

I have one on order as well and went with the 90* since that is what i run. Better for muscle memory.
I have 2 Curtis Actions, one in a ridgeback, one in an AI chassis. Very happy with both. I think the shorter bolt throw of the V22 lowers the advantage the 60 vs 90 has a short action.

Reactions: littlepod
it's never a mistake to buy something nice for yourself if you got the dollars to do so , and your family won't have to starve for a week or two it's all good . Hope you enjoy shooting your new gun it should be a nice one .

it's never a mistake to buy something nice for yourself if you got the dollars to do so , and your family won't have to starve for a week or two it's all good . Hope you enjoy shooting your new gun it should be a nice one .
Appreciate the words. We're very fortune, and excited to get this precision .22. My Tikka T1x was a tack driver... it loved CCI SV, it was a dream lol. Looking forward to 100 and 200 yard fun with this Vudoo!

I have an estimate in for a barreled action for the 90. Had it for the 360 but spoke with some one on here who said there is no real difference in performance and that he has seen/heard the 360 has feeding issues? Can't speak from experience, only hearsay so take it how you will.
I've been waiting to order a 360 action myself. From what I've seen on YT, it looks like Vudoo has recently figured out those feeding issues and has come up with a bolt change to correct them. ( Apparently, there are bolt differences between the V22 and 360.) Myself, if I'm going to spend twice the cost of a Bergara, I want a 60 deg throw (and 100% reliability.) Only the OP can say if the 60 deg feature is important to them.

Last edited:
The bolt change I don't know if it's a permanent change or a fix for some users. I got my 360 in September, it doesn't have the bolt modification that Wombat did and I've never had a single ejection/extraction issue, nor do any other 360 users in my club. I mailed Vudoo and they said that issue was pretty rare and that if there's nothing wrong with mine I shouldn't 'fix' it.

Hey guys,

Thanks.
No sir, you didn't make a mistake. As far as the ejection issue (there have been no feeding issues) with the Three60, the problem is derived from a bit of manufacturing variation, which has been resolved. It didn't exist in the majority of rifles (none of mine exhibited the problem) and wasn't difficult to solve. I'll be making my way back to the forums over the next few months and will be available full time, as I have been here since 2009, but you can always expect someone at Vudoo to answer the phone and emails.

MB

No sir, you didn't make a mistake. As far as the ejection issue (there have been no feeding issues) with the Three60, the problem is derived from a bit of manufacturing variation, which has been resolved. It didn't exist in the majority of rifles (none of mine exhibited the problem) and wasn't difficult to solve. I'll be making my way back to the forums over the next few months and will be available full time, as I have been here since 2009, but you can always expect someone at Vudoo to answer the phone and emails.

MB

I appreciate that, MB - I'm super excited to build this rifle from the ground up :).

Reactions: RAVAGE88

MB
Going on a year from when I bought my V-22 from you guys this Christmas.

Still my favorite rifle to take out.

Someday soon I hope to be in your shoes. They are amazing rifles. Congratulations,

I have a Three-60 and love it. I went as cheap as I could and got a barreled action from Mile High, added a Trigger Tech Special 2-stage, and put it in a KRG Bravo, topped with an Athlon ETR 4.5-30 (that part wasn’t too cheap). I had one of the ones with the ejection problem, but VGW took care of that with better service than you can imagine. With all of my dealings with them, they treat me better than family. It’s just incredible. The gun is my favorite rifle and has me smiling and shaking my head in disbelief every time I take it out. I don’t think you made a mistake.