• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bought another m1a... Which match ammo?

alfred10

Private
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2010
I bought another m1a standard. Which match ammo is the best and most reliable? I am thinking federal gold medal match in 168 grain? How much better will this group then Winchester NATO? Does the gold metal match have sealed poweder and primers? Will 168 feed the best in an m1a?

Re: Bought another m1a... Which match ammo?

Fed, GMM 175 or Black hills 175 is my choice in factory .308 /win ammo.

If you bought another one....what did you use in the first one? Why do you care if the primers are sealed, storing it under water?

Post pictures or it didn't happen.

i shoot federal xm80 through mine

7.62 x 51... 7.62 x 52... you know, whatever it takes.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patsim</div><div class="ubbcode-body">7.62 x 51... 7.62 x 52... you know, whatever it takes.
wink.gif
</div></div> +1, exceptional results can be found by firing 7.62x54R as well
grin.gif
Let us know how it goes
smirk.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Post pictures or it didn't happen. </div></div>

This.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will you be shooting 1000 yards with it? </div></div>

Haven't you heard..every Toys R Us has an underground 2000m range built beneath it to train the next generation of freedom fighters. At a training facility like that, you have to remember to take into account Coriolis and the Eötvös effect...see Lindy for details.

- Loud

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Santo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Federal 168 grain GMM. </div></div>

Unless you plan to shoot beyond 900 meters.