• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

bought AR-10 lower, need info for build

trakker45

Private
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2006
PA
I just picked up a Noveske N6 lower and an Armalite lower parts kit, and have since been looking around trying to figure out if it would be smarter to buy the rest in pieces or just pick up a complete upper. After pricing things out, I am thinking that the savings, if any, from buying a stripped upper and adding onto it would be minimal.

I thought about putting my name on the wait list for a Noveske 21" barrel N6 upper, which retails for about $1750. Comes with a 14" rail and gas system and threaded barrel (not sure if the flashhider threads work work with my SWR suppressor, though).

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I know Noveske has a good rep. Is this a decent price? I already have a lot invested in the lower and don't know much about AR-10s, so I thought I would ask. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Re: bought AR-10 lower, need info for build

n6 upper is very nice, but from what i hear, they make not make them anymore,
C

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trakker45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just picked up a Noveske N6 lower and an Armalite lower parts kit, and have since been looking around trying to figure out if it would be smarter to buy the rest in pieces or just pick up a complete upper. After pricing things out, I am thinking that the savings, if any, from buying a stripped upper and adding onto it would be minimal.

I thought about putting my name on the wait list for a Noveske 21" barrel N6 upper, which retails for about $1750. Comes with a 14" rail and gas system and threaded barrel (not sure if the flashhider threads work work with my SWR suppressor, though).

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I know Noveske has a good rep. Is this a decent price? I already have a lot invested in the lower and don't know much about AR-10s, so I thought I would ask. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. </div></div>

Well, I am building the same rifle and have the Noveske N6 lower like you do, but would love to know where you got the LPK! Please tell me! Trying to get the upper from Noveske might be tough since about two weeks ago, they yanked all .308 stuff off their site. Word is, that Noveske will not revisit the .308 AR-10 market until 2010. Can not confirm this however.

Right now, all Armalite upper assemblies are marked as "Not Allowed to Buy", which is for an indefinite period. That is, all except one, which appears to be available right now. Armalite U10TB338, which is an upper assembly, using the 338 Federal cartridge. It is $1,060.

A stripped upper is about $225 - $250, if you can find one. The non forward assist model is discontinued. Only forward assist from Armalite from now on. I just managed to get one without forward assist. I may sell it, along with the Noveske N6 lower (see two paragraphs down). Stripped uppers are Armalite only (as best as I can tell). Bottom line, AR-10 stripped uppers are all but unobtainable. You can find complete uppers for sale at gunbroker.com. These can had for far less than Noveske. Builing an upper assembly or buying an Armalite complete upper can be done for less than the Noveske price.

Other AR-1O things to know. If someone else knows something different, please chime in. The big hangup now is the bolt assembly. Only from Armalite, there is no expected delivery date on this part. IronRidgeGuns may very well make AR-10 lowers, but it there is no indication whether they will make AR-10 upper receivers.

People, including myself, have considered dropping the build of an AR-10, due to non-availability of critical parts, no promise date, $45 - $50 mags, and the attractive price (relatively speaking) of other choices (i.e.Fulton-Armory Titan). I myself like the JP Rifles LRP-07. Pricey, but nice!

I am still sticking with the AR-10, for now, but let me know where you got the LPK.

- Phil

Another in the same boat. I went with finding a complete upper since I dont want to get hung waiting and waiting to find some part. My only remaining items are a PRS stock, buffer tube, spring and buffer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phil3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trakker45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just picked up a Noveske N6 lower and an Armalite lower parts kit, and have since been looking around trying to figure out if it would be smarter to buy the rest in pieces or just pick up a complete upper. After pricing things out, I am thinking that the savings, if any, from buying a stripped upper and adding onto it would be minimal.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I know Noveske has a good rep. Is this a decent price? I already have a lot invested in the lower and don't know much about AR-10s, so I thought I would ask. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. </div></div>

Well, I am building the same rifle and have the Noveske N6 lower like you do, but would love to know where you got the LPK! Please tell me! Trying to get the upper from Noveske might be tough since about two weeks ago, they yanked all .308 stuff off their site. Word is, that Noveske will not revisit the .308 AR-10 market until 2010. Can not confirm this however.

Right now, all Armalite upper assemblies are marked as "Not Allowed to Buy", which is for an indefinite period. That is, all except one, which appears to be available right now. Armalite U10TB338, which is an upper assembly, using the 338 Federal cartridge. It is $1,060.

A stripped upper is about $225 - $250, if you can find one. The non forward assist model is discontinued. Only forward assist from Armalite from now on. I just managed to get one without forward assist. I may sell it, along with the Noveske N6 lower (see two paragraphs down). Stripped uppers are Armalite only (as best as I can tell). Bottom line, AR-10 stripped uppers are all but unobtainable. You can find complete uppers for sale at gunbroker.com. These can had for far less than Noveske. Builing an upper assembly or buying an Armalite complete upper can be done for less than the Noveske price.

Other AR-1O things to know. If someone else knows something different, please chime in. The big hangup now is the bolt assembly. Only from Armalite, there is no expected delivery date on this part. IronRidgeGuns may very well make AR-10 lowers, but it there is no indication whether they will make AR-10 upper receivers.

People, including myself, have considered dropping the build of an AR-10, due to non-availability of critical parts, no promise date, $45 - $50 mags, and the attractive price (relatively speaking) of other choices (i.e.Fulton-Armory Titan). I myself like the JP Rifles LRP-07. Pricey, but nice!

I am still sticking with the AR-10, for now, but let me know where you got the LPK.

- Phil </div></div>

Thanks for the insight. I am not really in a hurry, so I guess I have time on my side. I bought the LPK from a guy in the AR-10 Equipement Exchange on AR15.com. He claims (or at least he did this morning) that he has one left to sell.

Personally, I don't think Noveske is getting out of the AR-10 market for good, I think they are just overrun with orders, like Armalite, and for the time being, they are refusing any new orders. In the meantime, it looks like we will all be paying top dollar for parts and mags.

Oh, Noveske is absolutely over run with orders. I talked to them, and that is precisely the case. So bad, that the word is for some items, perhaps as soon as June 2009, but possibly, much longer (like 2010).

I checked on AR15.com for the LPK. $175! No way. I've seen the real price for those kits without the trigger group, and it is $54. Not expecting to pay that, but not paying over 3x the cost either. I'll go with another platform before shelling out that kind of $$$ for parts (i.e. bolts for $500+ on Gunbroker).

- Phil

I've have a Noveske N6 lower, LPK minus a trigger, Gen ll Mags (6), stock, spring and H3 buffer, SWS E1 handguards, Noveske 18 barrel, but NO UPPER or BGC! I would prefer the ole stick side upper. I'm getting tired of this crap.

I have a LaRue 308 on order and delivery maybe soon. Between all of us we could maybe complete one rifle.