• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

bought me a bolt gun

jwb47

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 30, 2010
semo
ok guys I finally broke down and decided to buy me a bolt gun . I wanted something in a caliber I already load for and run across a howa 1500 varmint in 223. that i just couldnt walk away from. the trigger feels good but after shooting ars all the time it dont take much to impress me . the low down is it has a set of leupold bases and rings and a cheezy center point scope that will depart soon enough . the rifling twist is 1-12 so I recond I will be loading bullets between 50-55 grain . I plan on using this rifle for varmints and some paper punching . here in my area I would say shots from 100 yds to 400 yds are possible with more being under 200 . I dont want to set this gun up for the once a year trip to south dakota and then spend the rest of the year dragging a rifle with the hubble space scope on it up and down bean fieds and across sage brush pasture ground here in south east missouri . so anybody have some suggestions on an optic . ( no night force or uso suggestions please I am recovering from an acog purchase ) .
here is a picture

004-1.jpg