• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bought my 40MOA Nightforce base... small screws?

jtb33

Minuteman
Jun 15, 2010
PHX, AZ - USA
So I removed my Badger Ord 20MOA base and today I received my Nightforce 40MOA base for my Remington 700 SA. It came with the base itself, allen wrench and five screws; 4 long screws and 1 short screw. I was a bit surprised, as they usually come with two small ones for the front and two longer ones for the rear, however this was my first 40MOA and first NF base, so I figured I'd give it a try. Small screw *must* go in the front and if I put a larger screw in the second hole, it engages the lug on the bolt so that the bolt can't lock. Either I'm doing something wrong, or NF forgot to include a second small screw. Just want to make sure I am not missing something before I call the vendor and/or NF to ask them to send the correct screw. So, am I doing something wrong on the install?

Re: Bought my 40MOA Nightforce base... small screws?

Not sure on the 40moa but both my 20moa rails came with 2 short screws for the front.

Nope, I've had that happen as well. Contact them and I am sure you will get what you need quick. Or just file it down carefully if you cant wait.

Ok - thanks. Called NF and they are sending a couple of the shorter screws to me. Easy enough.