• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Boulder County of fire.

Jefe's Dope

Red Forman
Minuteman
  • Dec 20, 2017
    Surprised there isn't a thread on this. Maybe I missed it.

This is like the night Chicago died. It's horrific watching it on TV. It's only miles West from me. Likely not in danger. I have at least one friend, a shooting friend who was out at Pawnee shooting when I texted, that had to evacuate.

Two entire cities have evacuated everyone. Louisville and Superior.

Several hundred buildings/homes have burned already.

Winds in excess of 40 MPH sustained. 70+ gusts. Maybe more.

IMG_0025.jpeg

IMG_0024.jpeg

IMG_0028.jpeg

IMG_0027.jpeg

• Sad
    Reactions: Hobo Hilton
    Damn, I used to live in Broomfield and worked in Golden. Still have many friends in the Louisville/Broomfield area. Thanks for the post.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
    Surprised there isn't a thread on this. Maybe I missed it.

This is like the night Chicago died. It's horrific watching it on TV. It's only miles West from me. Likely not in danger. I have at least one friend, a shooting friend who was out at Pawnee shooting when I texted, that had to evacuate.

Two entire cities have evacuated everyone. Louisville and Superior.
    My Twin Brother is in Gunbarrel. Prayers you all stay safe down there!

My Twin Brother is in Gunbarrel. Prayers you all stay safe down there!
    Gunbarrel is where we lived when we first moved to Colorado. In 1972. I have had so many friends live in the same Gunbarrel Apartments as we did. I worked for Case Logic, now Thule, right there at Hwy 52 and the Diagonal right across from IBM for five years. Still have friends working there since 1988.

That looks like mostly peaceful protests to me. Seriously, though , I've never seen anything like that here in Colorado my whole life. I've seen that smoke all afternoon to the south and thought it was odd being east of the mountains. My buddy had to evacuate his kids out of there earlier. He is snipershide member so maybe he'll chime in later.

Gunbarrel is where we lived when we first moved to Colorado. In 1972. I have had so many friends live in the same Gunbarrel Apartments as we did. I worked for Case Logic, now Thule, right there at Hwy 52 and the Diagonal right across from IBM for five years. Still have friends working there since 1988.
    He owns a house about a mile from 52 & the Diagonal.

That looks like mostly peaceful protests to me. Seriously, though , I've never seen anything like that here in Colorado my whole life. I've seen that smoke all afternoon to the south and thought it was odd being east of the mountains. My buddy had to evacuate his kids out of there earlier. He is snipershide member so maybe he'll chime in later.
    C2533381-4705-4294-A53C-DC586DFAD108.jpeg

We have friends that said there were flames 300ft from their house. I’m pretty sure everyone that we know that are close have left the area or are safe thankfully

• Wow
    Reactions: HiDesertELR
    Last edited:
    I misspoke. He is about a mile from 63rd & the Diagonal.

This seems to be the most current map: https://bouldercounty.maps.arcgis.c...ndex.html?id=13ab214fe2bb4da5a850df0ca0f00fc5

Looks like it is still south of Baseline Rd., which is good news for my brother….for now.

98A51918-98E3-4D0B-A6F8-12DEE433BD73.jpeg

Its been a long time since Ilived in thae area, didnt put it together until you posted this map. Thats fucked up, Sending rain.
    He says snow is forecast in the morning. 🤞

He has a dog with health issues, so the smoke will be a concern too but so far so good.

We have friends that said there were flames 300ft from their house. I’m pretty sure everyone that we know that are close have left the area or are safe thankfully
    Damn that is too close! Prayers for your friends….🙏

Reactions: The D
    Ever notice its lefty run areas that have massive wildfires?
    We can't clear the built up underbrush due the three toed spotted gink, but we'll let their entire habitat burn to the ground, and take human lives in the process.
    They are learning. As of 2022 they have lessened liability for controled burns in Kalifornia.

In this current fire area it is almost all grassland however…..

Reactions: quietmike
    We can't clear the built up underbrush due the three toed spotted gink, but we'll let their entire habitat burn to the ground, and take human lives in the process.
    You know nothing about what you're talking about.
    Cold comment by an idiot.

In point of fact they are so known for this, that they passed a law this year to backtrack on failed environmental discouraging of prescribed burns, policies. 🔥
    Cali prop 65:Fire extinguishers contain chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer.

Reactions: Holliday
    True 'dat. Up until the 60's, the hills west of Austin were mostly inhabited by cedar choppers, hillbillies that subsisted by cutting cedar posts for fencing. If a landowner wanted to reclaim areas on his property he let families of cedar choppers come in and clean out the scrub cedar. Now, if you cut a cedar tree down you have to replace it with an equal size tree. If there's ever a fire, and there will be, there's going to be some multi million dollar mansions going up too.

Ooh lookout, it a forum posse...
    Still sticking by cold comment from an idiot.
    Too fucking stupid to refute a comment with locical facts. You should go punch your mom in the mouth and ask her why she raised you so poorly. I'd say the same for your dad but the stats show us, as a lefty, you'd have no clue who he is.