• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Boulder, Lafyette, Louisville Colorado Pass 6 new gun laws - other considering for now.

Fred @ Bison Tactical

Bison Tactical
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • May 18, 2012
    Boulder, CO
    www.bisontactical.com
    FYI,

Last night in coordination 3 towns I know of passed 6 new gun control ordinances.

Supported by Giffords Foundation, Everytown against Gun Violence and Moms Demand Action (they were thanked in slides by Boulder) all 3 towns passed the same ordinances.

On the fence (still considering) are Longmont, Superior and Boulder County. These are the ones identified in the slides presented by the City Attorney of City of Boulder.

Basically these are what passed:

1. Assault Weapon Ban
    2. Magazine Capacity Limit to 10 rounds
    3. 10 Day waiting period for purchase of a firearm
    4. Bump Stock ban
    5. Ghost Gun bad
    6. Carry (Concealed and Open) prohibited in public spaces (some differing limits)
    7. Required Signage indicating your life is in danger if you possess a firearm in the home
    8. Restrict possession of any firearm by anyone under age of 21

I don't have all the details and the implementation date is unknown currently - but this is a nutshell what was passed.

Interesting was that these citys worked hard to keep these under the radar until they were ready to pass them. I only found out about the opportunity to speak 1 hour before the deadline. Still Joe Naguse was able to coordinate speaking to the city council of Boulder, along with 3 State congress people who applauded the work of the city to stuff this through.

If you live in Colorado this will soon be headed your direction, and the state is hard at work trying to pass this at the state level.

We are already working on the Federal challenge. If you know someone who is 18-20 years old lives in one of the cities above and would like to be a part of a Federal challenge to the city, please PM me. They need to be able to pass a background check and be a valid possessor...

Actually all illegal though. The state is superior to the county so if this isn’t illegal under state law the counties can’t pass them either. Obviously the courts have to do their job.
    It was - until the state ditched pre-emption to make this work on purpose.

The only hope we have is that inviting a few hundred more idiots to the gun control debate is going to result in court rulings that are impactful in our direction.

That said - shall not be infringed.

The only hope we have is that inviting a few hundred more idiots to the gun control debate is going to result in court rulings that are impactful in our direction.

Ah well that’s different.

What he said, they got rid of state pre-emption

Now every city and municipality can pass whatever they want irrespective of state law. They balkanized the state 🙄

Whatever, do what you want, IDGAF

Actually all illegal though. The state is superior to the county so if this isn’t illegal under state law the counties can’t pass them either. Obviously the courts have to do their job.
    Do you know what else is illegal? The government. The law doesn’t matter any longer. Piss on their laws and piss on their LEO.

Reactions: HD1911 and Doc68
    Look at what happened in Edgewater, they had a lobbyist doing this in the state

Edgewater got outed and dropped their proposals, at least a few

As well they are going hard after Colorado, they just switched Democrats in Boeberts district because unaffiliated can vote in the primary

Colorado is going to be hard right now

As well they are going hard after Colorado, they just switched Democrats in Boeberts district because unaffiliated can vote in the primary

And don’t think they won’t come for bolt guns next

This is a $B industry thats goal is taking away your rights. Got to see this in some of the state hearings recently - the people who showed up on our side were mostly private citizens and the people that showed up on their side were polished Ivy League lawyer types. It was a slaughter.

Its been game over Colorado for some time. May end up packing up and rolling out before too long and just leave the place to die.

Any links to this stuff?
    Also where are the details on the laws themselves? How do plan to enforce? Just ban new sales essentially?

Last edited:
    wow all this bullsh1t in wild west colorado, what a travesty and what a shame.

i don't know what you do about the lone wolf psychos, but if you'd put, and keep, the actual repeat offenders in jail, crime stats would drop immensely.

Any links to this stuff?
    Also where are the details on the laws themselves? How do plan to enforce? Just ban new sales essentially?
    Boulder Council agenda: https://boulder.novusagenda.com/age...ngID=716&MinutesMeetingID=2082&doctype=Agenda

Things like this is why I refer to all (unknown) Coloradans as "Commiradans". They are very much guilty of rights infringement until proven innocent, and they can stay the fuck away from us and out of our state for all we care.

7. Required Signage indicating your life is in danger if you possess a firearm in the home

What exactly does this mean? If I own a firearm I have to post this on or in my house that your life is in danger for being there?

What exactly does this mean? If I own a firearm I have to post this on or in my house that your life is in danger for being there?
    I am not finding any of the actual laws that state the details. I found one PDF that won't download.

Sounds like they want everyone to advertise which houses have firearms, so criminals will know where to steal them.

Colorado needs to split into three states. East Colorado, West Colorado the Front Range.

My thoughts; most of these large cities that basically have the population to run the rest of the state, need to become independent “city/states”. These they can run the places just like they like, and leave the rest of us alone.

Reactions: gigamortis
    Colorado needs to split into three states. East Colorado, West Colorado the Front Range.

My thoughts; most of these large cities that basically have the population to run the rest of the state, need to become independent “city/states”. These they can run the places just like they like, and leave the rest of us alone.
    Couldn't agree more.

#7 is my favorite.

I wanted a mat by the front door that said "FUCK OFF". Wife said no. Maybe this sign will be secondary option.

Reactions: Marinevet1
    5-8-28. –Assault Weapons.(a)Any person who, prior to July1, 2022, was legally in possession of an assault weapon or large capacity magazine shall have until December 31, 2022 to obtain a certificate for the assault weapon as provided in subsection (c)of this section.(b)Any person who, prior to July 1, 2022, was legally in possession of a rapid-fire trigger activator shall have until August 1, 2022 to do any of the following without being subject to prosecution1)Remove the rapid-fire trigger activator from the City of Boulder; or(2)Surrender the rapid-fire trigger activator to the Boulder Police Department for destruction.(c) Any person seeking to certifyan assault weapon that he or she legally possessed prior to July1, 2022, unless they obtained a certificate of ownership prior to December 31, 2018,must comply with the following requirements1)Submit to a background check conducted by the appropriate law enforcement agency to confirm that he or she is not prohibited frompossessinga firearm pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 922 or C.R.S § 18-12-108;and(2)Unless the person is currently prohibited by law from possessing a firearm, prior to December 31, 2022apply for a certificate for the assault weapon fromthe Boulder Police Department.(d)All persons who hold a certificate issued prior to December 31, 2018or who obtain a certificate pursuant to subsection Iof this section shall1)Safely and securely store the assault weapon pursuant to the regulations adopted by the appropriate law enforcement agency;

Open rebellion is the answer. You can’t just turn the law abiding into criminals overnight with the stroke of a pen.
    watchme.gif

And this is why you shouldn’t have shit like this! Where does it end? We can’t have every little town doing it’s own thing. It will effect interstate commerce and individual liberties even more than this at some point. For example, let’s say you got several counties that span the state. If your county or town or whatever is still free then are you going to be able to travel through said counties and towns with your property unimpeded? If not, then it becomes an individual rights issue at some point. One could argue that they have to travel way outside their way at hardship to get to one side of the state or the other to avoid going through these counties or towns. Then it becomes bigger than the towns and states and will be kicked up to the federal courts. And if we got to recognize these crazy people that think they are males trapped in girls bodies on a national level then I don’t see how it’s ok there and not ok here. Then again, we see this shit with booze. Some states still have dry counties and so forth. So you see how quickly this gets rather convoluted. Talk about opening a can of worms. This is also why I think most laws are getting stupid silly.

5-8-28. –Assault Weapons.(a)Any person who, prior to July1, 2022, was legally in possession of an assault weapon or large capacity magazine shall have until December 31, 2022 to obtain a certificate for the assault weapon as provided in subsection (c)of this section.(b)Any person who, prior to July 1, 2022, was legally in possession of a rapid-fire trigger activator shall have until August 1, 2022 to do any of the following without being subject to prosecution1)Remove the rapid-fire trigger activator from the City of Boulder; or(2)Surrender the rapid-fire trigger activator to the Boulder Police Department for destruction.(c) Any person seeking to certifyan assault weapon that he or she legally possessed prior to July1, 2022, unless they obtained a certificate of ownership prior to December 31, 2018,must comply with the following requirements1)Submit to a background check conducted by the appropriate law enforcement agency to confirm that he or she is not prohibited frompossessinga firearm pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 922 or C.R.S § 18-12-108;and(2)Unless the person is currently prohibited by law from possessing a firearm, prior to December 31, 2022apply for a certificate for the assault weapon fromthe Boulder Police Department.(d)All persons who hold a certificate issued prior to December 31, 2018or who obtain a certificate pursuant to subsection Iof this section shall1)Safely and securely store the assault weapon pursuant to the regulations adopted by the appropriate law enforcement agency;
    Well let's see how many register

This is a $B industry thats goal is taking away your rights. Got to see this in some of the state hearings recently - the people who showed up on our side were mostly private citizens and the people that showed up on their side were polished Ivy League lawyer types. It was a slaughter.

Its been game over Colorado for some time. May end up packing up and rolling out before too long and just leave the place to die.
    Can’t do that. You’ll run out of places to run to.

wow all this bullsh1t in wild west colorado, what a travesty and what a shame.

i don't know what you do about the lone wolf psychos, but if you'd put, and keep, the actual repeat offenders in jail, crime stats would drop immensely.
    I got a cheaper option.

Yep. Sounds like it.

Couldn't agree more.

Um, no!

Open rebellion is the answer. You can’t just turn the law abiding into criminals overnight with the stroke of a pen.
    They are tho.

As for number 6, didn’t the Colorado Supreme Court rule against CU Boulder banning concealed carry on campus, as it was state/public land? There seems to be precedent to strike down this portion of the new laws.

The problem actually came years ago when they redistricted Colorado and took representation away from the rural areas. I think it was Roy Romer if I recall correctly. I bet if CO got rid of mail in voting, and went back to in person with ID, it would change quickly here. Democrat incumbents lost handily last time we had recall elections, in person voting only. Then won the seats backs in the next general election, all mail in.

As for number 6, didn’t the Colorado Supreme Court rule against CU Boulder banning concealed carry on campus, as it was state/public land? There seems to be precedent to strike down this portion of the new laws.
    They over turned all that and now say that they can make all the laws they want on their own.

Wow, leave for the night and I have to read through a book to get to the end of the post :) !

I wanted to say this:

I believe only applies to Gun Stores - its is supposed to be like the cancer kills warning on ciggerettes I think is the intent - no intent for individuals to post - so don't go giving them ideas....

Reactions: jLorenzo