• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Boulder Rifle Club Long Range Rimfire Match ***CANCELLED****

Well, how about having Roy’s shoot plus NRL 22 COF on another Saturday or Sunday. I’d be for that as GM member.
I would not step up as MD or participate in an NRL 22 match. Sombody else could do that at Green Mill, but not me.

I've shot NRL22 before and it's not my cup of tea. Many people like the format, but I do not. As MD of the BRC RF match, I appreciated the independence in running an "outlaw" match, not having some other entity to pay money to, to track the scores, dictate my COF, and so on.

This is not to say that Green Mill could not host a second "tactical" .22LR match, but if I were to get involved, it would have to be an outlaw match.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Can Pawnee Sportsman carve out a .22 area that goes to 500? they have space by the cowboy action and long-range area

I think more than one at GM is the right answer, more traffic at GM vs Pawnee especially 22 wise

I don't see why you couldn't have more than one 22 event a month
Pawnee has the distance, but also relentless wind, and little natural terrain where shooters can spot misses. Those issues are bad enough with the Mile High CF match run by the BSO sniper - Paul? - if that is still taking place out there. Anyway, it would prolly suck for a .22LR match.

I also agree that location wise we could get more participation at Green Mill. Let's see if Chris W. weighs in and Roy.

What about Ft Carson range? Coordinate with Pikes Peaks boys?

Cheyenne Mtn is a nice facility that could host a .22 match. It's too far away from home for me to try to get there on a regular basis. I am a road trip pussy and am not ashamed!

Dunno why someone local to the Springs hasn't already set up a RF match there. My guess is that Hoser has it all covered with his Pueblo matches, right next door.

Reactions: Redfisher60
You mean wind indicators 😂 it was a great match and I hope to see it come back in some form Sam.

TriggerTime/Paul is supposed to do a .22lr long range PRS out at Pawnee this year. Or so I've been told by Nate at TriggerTime.

Cheyenne Mtn is a nice facility that could host a .22 match. It's too far away from home for me to try to get there on a regular basis. I am a road trip pussy and am not ashamed!

Dunno why someone local to the Springs hasn't already set up a RF match there. My guess is that Hoser has it all covered with his Pueblo matches, right next door.
What about Great guns In nun? I was just out there recently and they have a 300 yard range.

Last edited:
Ya,

the Nunn / Great Guns range would be good too
Does the 300y range at Great Guns have intermediate berms? If not then it would likely not be allowed to put targets at the intermediate distances, unless portable backstops were used like we had at the BRC match. These were mostly 36x48x1/4 AR550 and were a big struggle to set up and tear down, at 10.2# per SF.

This would of course be a non-issue if we could find a silhouette range with intermediate berms already there, like at Green Mill or the CRC.

90% or so BRC steel, and the rest mine including the MFG's, 12x20 6-hole flapper (post #25), and a few others.

Shout out to AA Targets! @banks74
I own a set of hostage targets, 50 yard kyl, and a fair amount of single pieces

Attachments

• A1CBEDA6-FB59-4BEC-A31F-1929E94CC698.jpeg
    A1CBEDA6-FB59-4BEC-A31F-1929E94CC698.jpeg
    341.1 KB · Views: 50
I am preparing a proposal to the CRC to create a new RF match on their silhouette range, which goes to 500m.

Not sure we would want to shoot that far, but I'm happy to discuss via PM. Please don't derail this thread with your theories and opinions on appropriate RF target distances, please PM me to discuss.

More importantly, If anyone has a personal relationship with a member of the current CRC Board, please shoot me a PM. Thanks.

I am pleased to announce that the CRC has approved my Long Range RF match proposal. This new CRC match will give competitors a chance to stretch things out, so to speak. Check out the link below:

Reactions: Jefe's Dope