• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Boulder Rifle Club Long Range Rimfire Match ***CANCELLED****

Starbuck

Visualize No Hippies
Minuteman
Sep 2, 2009
Boulder County, CO
Match Description:
  • This all-steel match is designed to simulate “field” and “hostage” shooting scenarios. The match is designed to be challenging, fast-paced, fun, and safe, with competitors’ down-time kept to a minimum.
  • Eight (8) 30 shot strings, shot from different positions, which will vary from match-to-match.
  • 240 round match total.
  • One shot per target, in general. Each string will have a demanding time limit.
  • The current course of fire is twelve (12) arrays of self-resetting steel targets at 50, 75, 100, 125, 150, 175, 200, and 210y. Each array consists of multiple 1-5MOA targets, with a few smaller.
Equipment Requirements:
  • Bolt action repeater or semi-auto rifle - in .22LR only - with detachable box magazines.
  • Competitors must have enough magazines to shoot a 30 shot string, e.g. 6x5, 3x10, or some combination thereof. You will not have enough time to refill mags during your string.
  • 240 rounds ammo, plus what you want to check your zero and DOPE prior to match start.
  • Magnified optics with target (i.e. uncapped) turrets. Reticle with elevation and windage hash marks, and/or holdover values. Max power 12x or greater is ideal.
  • Your Elevation Drop Values/D.O.P.E. from 50-210y, written down and handy.
  • Bipod or other front support, e.g. rucksack.
  • Rear bag and/or other positional support bags, based on personal preference. Shooting mat.
  • Tripod or standing sticks. (If you do not have these you may borrow from other competitors).
Match Times, Location, and Fees:

March-November (9 matches/year), on the 2nd Saturday of each month.

Setup: Friday, the day before each match, at 4:30 p.m. Assistance is welcome!

0800 – 0845: Sign in/ Check Zero, DOPE. 0845: Mandatory Safety Brief. 0900: Match begins. 1400 – Projected end time. Location: BRC South Range 200y.

$20.00 Match Fee (non-members). $10.00 Match Fee (members). Cash only.

Important Signup Information:

MANDATORY ADVANCE MATCH SIGNUP REQUIRED via PRACTISCORE.

Link here: https://practiscore.com/clubs/boulder_rifle_club_long_range_rimfire_match

Signup opens three weeks prior to each match.

Match is currently limited to twelve (12) shooters.

If you show up to the match and did not sign up in advance, and the match is full, you will not be allowed to shoot.

If you have signed up for a match and need to cancel, please alert the MD via email, or log in to Practiscore and navigate to “Request to Withdraw.” This will open up your slot to another competitor.

Contact Information:

Email: [email protected]

Last edited:
Reactions: Lowlight
Registration open for April 13. Link in OP.

The March 9 match was cancelled due to standing water, snow, and mud on the range.

Shot this match today w/ a buddy. His first match & my first rimfire match, We both had an absolute blast!
Good natured folk, quick to help or offer gear.

Definitely will try to shoot this match again....until then, More weak side practice!

Match description has been edited in the OP. Instead of 4x50 shot strings, we will move to 8x25 shot strings starting in August, with two squads shooting simultaneously, at of course different target arrays. These changes are being implemented to speed up the match, as well as to reduce the stress and time associated with the five mag changes that we had been doing, on the very fast clock.

Last match of the season is November 9. Space still available. Registration link in the OP.

We will start the matches again weather permitting on March 8, 2020.

Reactions: Krob95
Registration now open for the March 14 match.

Practiscore link in the OP, as well as a revised description of the COF.

I have added some new targets, and moved some others around for the 2020 season. Round count is now 240.

Should be fun!

Three of our target arrays at 150, 175, and 200y. Note the red golf ball in the upper left at 200y (0.2 Mil +/-).
DA0F9A7F-3F22-4CA3-A390-1B655A6379AE.jpeg

Mud Flap Girls at 100y
6755E5CB-31CE-43EB-A0A0-4C4532829F12.jpeg

12x20 IPSC at 100y
EEDFA95E-7ACD-483E-88B0-022D8957836E.jpeg

Hostages and piano keys at 125y.

5C8F0090-B502-45A6-91C2-B3CFF62CBE70.jpeg
5919564A-5435-4B2E-BC54-1ADBDD9D365C.jpeg

210y target array. Note yellow golf ball just left of the steel. People are hitting it!

B022E6B5-D8F4-4380-8C5C-A45D43A672DD.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: jLorenzo
Sorry Starbuck I did not see post one as Mike from Milehigh Shooting Supply gave me a ling that opened up on the last post.

There is still one remaining match close to the Boulder match. Both of them are a ton of fun.

The March 13 match is cancelled, due to an ongoing dispute I am having with the BRC Board.

I will post another update prior to March 20, which is the day registration is set to open for the April 10 match. Hopefully I can get the matches going again, but the way things are going with the Board, there is a good chance that the match will die an early death.

Stay tuned. Thanks.

The March 13 match is cancelled, due to an ongoing dispute I am having with the BRC Board.

I will post another update prior to March 20, which is the day registration is set to open for the April 10 match. Hopefully I can get the matches going again, but the way things are going with the Board, there is a good chance that the match will die an early death.

Stay tuned. Thanks.
Hopefully you can pull the proverbial rabbit out of the hat. Really loved this match the most out of the 3 monthly rimfire I‘d been shooting. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

jeff

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Hopefully you can pull the proverbial rabbit out of the hat. Really loved this match the most out of the 3 monthly rimfire I‘d been shooting. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

jeff
Latest intel from a chat with a BRC Board member today is that the Board is showing some more support for the match than I had indicated in my Feb. 19 post.

The Board meets on March 18 and I expect a decision at that time, and will post an update here.

Keep your fingers crossed! The match is a blast, it's hard, and tons of fun too!

Last edited:
Match is cancelled. We had two fun seasons. Thanks to everybody who came out to shoot.

In October 2020 I stupidly placed some targets in an unsafe location, and the BRC Board slapped with me with a six month suspension. Fine. I deserved some punishment. Since then, my relationship with the Board has unfortunately gone from bad to worse, and I resigned from the Club a few days ago. The following memes tell the rest of the story.
C03E5406-3D01-4925-9AC5-2BEEBAA4A232.jpeg
88E1B257-AD60-4560-86FD-8A5EB71C404E.jpeg
94E8D279-E304-4AE8-8500-C39A72187985.jpeg
0DFDB121-C696-459D-BE34-10A7198604B0.jpeg
404BE49A-152E-4E73-90ED-39D217CF809E.jpeg
69A3E41C-4CAC-4286-9C7C-6F4CAEB94C1D.jpeg
E9F6A393-868F-4CD6-84B1-D92561F48080.jpeg
424BBD77-690C-4083-A739-87DCB42EF469.jpeg
0098DA87-C9AD-4D14-B1D1-5A9B56877930.jpeg

Last edited:
Really sorry to hear what the outcome was and what you personally went through. But, it is The People’s Republic of Boulder...

Reactions: Redfisher60
Going to miss the match. You put a ton of time in every match and every one was a great time. I know the feeling about boards. See you sometime at another match.

First, thanks for all you did and putting this on every month. It was fantastic and what drove me down the rabbit hole that is .22 lr PRS.

Secondly, did they really complain about the mudflap girl KYL targets? :rolleyes:

First, thanks for all you did and putting this on every month. It was fantastic and what drove me down the rabbit hole that is .22 lr PRS.

Secondly, did they really complain about the mudflap girl KYL targets? :rolleyes:
Yes they did complain about the MFGs. Like I said in the memes it's all true - you can't make this shit up!

See if you can coordinate and just use Greenmill and have more than one 22 event there
Interesting idea. I am a member at Green Mill and am friends with @300ATT who is the MD of the RF match there. Not sure another RF match there would make sense there but would like his thoughts.

@ChrisWay what do you think of Lowlight's idea?

As I mentioned to @Hoser I would love to start up a new RF match at a Front Range venue where we could shoot out to 3-500y, in addition to the 50-200y targets that I had at the BRC match. The CRC silhouette range would be perfect but weekends are booked with other matches. I am a member out there and don't want to step on any toes, but I'll put out some more feelers.

Well, how about having Roy’s shoot plus NRL 22 COF on another Saturday or Sunday. I’d be for that as GM member.