• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Bowie Tactical Concepts

ocherp

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2006
Gilbert, AZ
I just got the call that it's finally ready to ship, can't wait to get it back. It was worse than a rfile build, lol, probably just as long but probably well worth it. Will post pics when it arrives.

Specs;
Glock 21SF w/the Signature Package, beaver tail and red dot and a threaded KKM barrel for my TiRant.

Re: Bowie Tactical Concepts

nice i'm looking forward to seeing it, a 21sf is on my short list of pistols i still want.

Yes, he does.

He chopped a G19 and a G17 down to take G26 mags for me. Good stuff.

+1 on Bowie,
The guy does great work! and he's a good guy in general. He is constantly working/training.
I love his stiple work, what a difference it makes in the grip. He offers a lot of other options as well.
Post pics when you get it back!

Robb

<span style="font-weight: bold">BTC reduction work on two 10mm Glocks ...</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Not as extensive as yours, more minimalist, but still excellent work.</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">G20 & G29.</span>
CIMG1409.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">G20.</span>
CIMG1413.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Dave is my go-to-guy, very nice & easy to deal with.</span>

cool.gif

Will be picking it up from UPS tomorrow after work, will post pics. Can't wait to shoot it.

I got to shoot his M&P at the Buckeye Blast on the steel range at TDI with all the mods and the Delta Point. It was very nice, would like to get one someday. I am jealous.

I've had two BTC pistols...a G19 and a G17. Got them both at the same time, I wasn't too very impressed for the money. Got rid of the G19 and did more to the G17 myself to make it what I wanted. I wish I would have just did one before deciding to not to do the second.

I just got a Jpoint install back from him on a G19. Great work and a good guy. Also, finished and shipped faster than quoted.

IMG_0008-1.jpg

I put 400 rounds through her yesterday as sort of a break in with the new barrel and all, not a single hiccup what so ever, plus the can is really quiet, definitely going to be a favorite gun to shoot.
Picture014.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Looks good. I've seen many of Bowie's guns over the past 10 years. He does great work and has a loyal following.

Regards,
Greyson

I hate to be the fly in the ointment BUT first let me say he does do great work but he takes forever and is one of the more expensive ones. Robar, Glockworx they do great work and costs about half and the return time is fractions compared to Bowie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DonniePD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hate to be the fly in the ointment BUT first let me say he does do great work <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">but he takes forever and is one of the more expensive ones.</span></span></span> Robar, Glockworx they do great work and costs about half and the return time is fractions compared to Bowie </div></div>
Why are you KY guys always in a hurry and looking for the cheapo deal?
laugh.gif

Quality takes the time it takes. When it's a one-man operation, the time needed to do it right, well, ... it is what it is.

Review here: http://www.bren-ten.com/agtman/id12.html

CIMG1409.jpg

cool.gif

It is cheaper and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference in quality. If it makes you feel better paying and waiting more than more power to you. You are right though, I am looking for the best deal for money. I do not like using my gun money like strip club money and just throwing it out there.

Quality does take time, I have a STI I want thim to do some work on, just need to find some down time to send it in

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DonniePD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hate to be the fly in the ointment BUT first let me say he does do great work but he takes forever and is one of the more expensive ones. Robar, Glockworx they do great work and costs about half and the return time is fractions compared to Bowie </div></div>

another option is Lane @ Cold Bore Customs. I sent 2 glocks to him and couldn't be happier with the work. He was very fast and affordable. He also doesn't chop the grip for his reductions. He uses the candle method and then fills with some sort of resin.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BBJones</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DonniePD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hate to be the fly in the ointment BUT first let me say he does do great work but he takes forever and is one of the more expensive ones. Robar, Glockworx they do great work and costs about half and the return time is fractions compared to Bowie </div></div>

another option is Lane @ Cold Bore Customs. I sent 2 glocks to him and couldn't be happier with the work. He was very fast and affordable. He also doesn't chop the grip for his reductions. He uses the candle method and then fills with some sort of resin. </div></div>

Thanks for the new company info