• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Bowsight suggestions.

Tact999

Private
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2008
Texas
I have had this Cobra bow sight since I bought my PSE and would like to replace it because I don't like the adjustments.

I was interested in the Black Gold line, but at nearly 200 dollars I kind of want to be a little more sure of it before forking out the money for a new sight I might not be happy with.

I need at least 5 pins and would like micro adjustment.

Any experience with the aforementioned line or with any of your personal favorites would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Re: Bowsight suggestions.

Why 5 or more pins? I prefer 3 tops- set for 20, 35, and 50. I am more interested in the adjustable 1-pin sights. I know MANY people who have missed shots from pin confusion.

Axcel Armor Tech HD is worth looking at. I bought one on a Mathews package at my local dealer and have to say it was every bit as good as the reviews. Shot a couple matches with it and hunted with it as well.
I have shot many Spot Hogg, Axion, etc etc and find myself running the Axcel more and more.
I prefer a 4 pin set up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Archer762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why 5 or more pins? I prefer 3 tops- set for 20, 35, and 50. I am more interested in the adjustable 1-pin sights. I know MANY people who have missed shots from pin confusion. </div></div>

I have missed more shots because of pin confusion than I have misjudging range. So I switched sights. I shoot a Hoyt and I now have the HHA 3000 on it. With 3ft of fiber optic coming to one pin I can see it after I should already be at camp. I run a large aperture peep sight too. The ID of peep matches the OD of the sight at full draw. That alone helped me with consistency in my hold, which in turn tightened up my groups. I have it zeroed at 25, from 5yrd to 30yrds, I'm in a six inch kill zone. At 35 I hold a little high, and further than that I probably have time to range the animal and set the sight.

Anybody seen the Trijicon Accupin in person yet? Is it worth the $425.00 plus dollars there asking? I'm used to using 5 pins and never had an issue with pin confusion but am considering something like this or the HHA moveable sight.

In fixed pin, I really like Spott Hogg's.

I never had a problem with multiple pins. If multiple pins work for you than go for it.
I'm running a rather innexpensive truglo but I think this would be a nice sight and something I might pick up after Afghanistan.
G5

I prefer my Spot Hogg Hogg-it. That is one sight that I don't think I can break. 5 pin small housing with wrap kit and .010 pins. Length adjustable and good for target, 3-D or hard hunting use.

I certainly appreciate all of your experience and knowledge. Now that I think of it, I guess 5 pins really is one too many since I use my first pin for 20 and 30 due to the speed of my bow the drop is negligible. I have seen the single pin, but really don't want to have to move a dial to the yardage if I need to take a quick shot. I hunt elk primarily spot and stalk in the heavily wooded mountains of Colorado. I also appreciate the comment on the peep sight as I believe the size of mine is affecting my consistency. Right now I can not see the ring of my entire sight in the peep, as I have been told I should see the outside ring in the peep. So I will be changing out the peep for a larger one.

I also looked at the Retina Lock which is advertised to help eliminate torquing the bow. I will take a look at the G5, Axion, Axcel and Spot Hogg as well. As far as the Accupin goes, I love Trijicon ACOGs for all my ARs and AKs, but I really don't think their bow sight is worth it.

Thanks again for all of your input!

+1 for the Spott Hogg.
Toxonics also makes a really good, bright pinned bow sight.

ArmorTech gets my vote for an extremely well made and designed bow sight. they ain't cheap by any means, but they are good.

Another vote for Axcel ArmorTech. Mine has. 010 pins.
Really improved my shooting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mnshortdraw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I prefer my Spot Hogg Hogg-it. That is one sight that I don't think I can break. 5 pin small housing with wrap kit and .010 pins. Length adjustable and good for target, 3-D or hard hunting use. </div></div>

This

I previously shot a Toxonics and would say that they are great sights, but I changed to a Sure-loc with Black Eagle scope. Great sight. I'd highly recommend looking at it, but they aren't cheap. Of course neither are bows these days... My Hoyt Carbon Element was $1200!!! Yikes...

CWJ

Is the Element really worth it? I know it is light but it does not seem to be as fast as others?