• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Boyds 10/22 Stock Yours Arrived Yet?

clo

Private
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2006
Sacramento, CA
Anyone received theirs yet from this last available run? I was told beginning of Sept was shipped time, but my order status is still processing and emails have not been returned from Boyd who is usually pretty good with CS. Thanks.

Re: Boyds 10/22 Stock

Dang, thanks for the reminder! I ordered 2 and forgot about them.

Haven't heard a word.

Reply from Boyd's:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is looking like these should be shipping out of our warehouse the week of 10/8/2010.

Thank You for your patience

Boyds' Gunstock Customer Service
Retail Sales Division</div></div>

Just recieved this email... you probably did too:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">American Craftsmen Preserving the Tradition

September 29th, 2010

To all our valued “TactiCOOL” customers,

Here at Boyds’ quality and service are paramount! We care about the work we produce because it is a reflection on our personal character and integrity.

To have one unsatisfied customer is simply unacceptable.

You’re receiving this letter in the form of an apology NOT an excuse for your delayed order. We are extremely sorry for any inconvenience this delay has caused and promise to remedy this on all future delivery dates.

We had a huge response to our “TactiCOOL” product line and production needed to reschedule in order to get all parts built, and for that we thank you! We have been informed that we should start shipping product on or about the 8th of October, and have all orders shipped from our facility by the 15th of October.

With humbled gratitude for your patronage,

The Staff at Boyds’
Boyds’ Gunstock Industries, Inc.
25376 403rd Ave
Mitchell, SD 57301
605-996-5011
[email protected]</div></div>

Got mine Wednesday....OD was a bit off, but a quick hit of Kyrlon OD and it looks perfect now...

No I just need to figure out what to do with it? Any suggestions where to start for a new build?

Rico,
So far, I have absolutely nothing at all. This is a project that I kind of just suddenly decided on. So, other than the stock, I need to start from scratch.

Do you have a budget in mind?

Bottomline, to start you need a donor 10/22 receiver and trigger assembly, a good barrel and optics. I like the KIDD barrel (www.coolguyguns.com) at about $200 for a heavy match barrel. Another must is a trigger internal kit to get rid of the notoriously heavy stock trigger. Good for the Ruger legal team, but bad for anyone trying to get any type of accuracy.

After that, the sky is the limit. There are a ton of aftermarket receivers, internals, trigger assemblies, bolts, etc... you can literally build out a "10/22" with zero Ruger parts.

www.rimfirecentral.com has a great section for each facet of the 10/22 with a ton of info for your research.

Here is a pic of my 10/22 with a Weaver T-24 on it and my first Tacticool stock that I painted up as well as some targets of groups at 50 yards.

2723160215_large.jpg

2723164005_large.jpg

Thanks for the info....I do like the Kidd barrels, I will start there and pick up a barrel then start looking for a reciver and trigger assembly....

I just got my Tacticool as well and what a difference it made over that Hogue peice of junk it replaced. My setup is Volquartsen Barrel and Trigger and a REALLY old 10/22 receiver.

Hey Rico have you been to Top Gun yet? 500 yard line and close to Dallas.

I haven't been to Top Gun, sounds like i need to check it out though if they have 500!