• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Boyds AT-One

RG86

Private
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2017
Anyone have any experience with at-one stock from boyds? I'm kicking around the idea of buying one to throw a CZ 455 into. Im mainly wondering how good the lock up with the adjustable cheek piece is. Thanks

I have kicked around the same idea and I am between the at-one or a MDT LSS22. Interested to hear others feedback!

I bought one for my Annie 64 BR direct from Boyd’s. Took about a week or so to get here. Stock looked nice and felt nice and I liked the beefed up add on pieces. Unfortunately it didn’t fit. Tried to get in touch with them and left a message. Got a call about four days later and missed it. Called right back with no answer and left another message with no response. Called back about five days later and fortunately got a person on the phone and an RMA. Sent the stock back and they said it was their fault and offered to replace or refund. Decided to go for refund.

Before I bought the Boyd’s I had been looking look a stock for quite a while and found none that fit. Read Padoms thread about the MDT and went to the site and saw it was ok for some model 64s but not all. So I sent an email and got a response the next morning and they had done some reasearch for me and thought it would most likely fit and said I had 30 days to return if it didn’t fit.

I received it yesterday and as best as I can tell it fits perfect. Still waiting on grip and to get the barrel threaded. But hope to do full review once I get it all together and get some range time with it.

I have kicked around the same idea and I am between the at-one or a MDT LSS22. Interested to hear others feedback!

Those are the same two I’m torn between. I think I’m going to press the trigger on the Boyd’s. Mainly because I like the looks of it better.

Reactions: BlackFenix
I dropped a 455/.17 HMR in a AT-One and it's a perfect fit. I added the Target grip and fore end piece, fits my hand better and centers the Harris in the middle of the stock. The adjustable cheekpad and buttstock both work well. It has a lot of good, practical features for a reasonable price. The only thing I plan on doing is a pillar/bedding job this winter.

No complaints here.

If I go the At-One route than I may do a solid walnut or maple stock. Those look exceptionally good.

I have an At-One for my CZ and while I like the adjustable cheekpiece and length of pull, the trigger reach is too far for my tastes, even with the target grip panels. I really didn't think about it until I got my XLR chassis on my centerfire all dialed in. It fits me perfectly now, and I wish the At-One fit me as well. The inletting is very good and it looks nice, but I'm seriously thinking of retiring it and getting another chassis of some sort.

I have one for a Mauser. It was hard to resist for the price. I haven't shot it yet, but I've bolted an action into it and checked out the fit. The inletting is very nice and the stock feels solid. What I don't like is that there are sharp edges everywhere, think stealth fighter. It's not a machining error, just the way it was designed. This wasn't obvious to me in pictures, but now that I'm looking at their site again I can see it. Look at the wrist of the stock. It's almost square. Not that comfortable. Not a big deal if you are handy. I plan on re-contouring the shape of it and also replace some of the plastic bits with hardwood to make it look a bit better.

I have an At-One for my CZ and while I like the adjustable cheekpiece and length of pull, the trigger reach is too far for my tastes, even with the target grip panels. I really didn't think about it until I got my XLR chassis on my centerfire all dialed in. It fits me perfectly now, and I wish the At-One fit me as well. The inletting is very good and it looks nice, but I'm seriously thinking of retiring it and getting another chassis of some sort.
I wish we could get the XLR Element in 22 flavor for the CZ 455!

Reactions: A-Rob
Per an email from XLR, the Element is a no-go right now because the extrusion used for it already comes to them with a radius larger than the CZ action. I know I'd buy one in a second. The new one from Rigid Alloy, with its trigger guard mag release, has my attention.

Reactions: BlackFenix
I'd seriously consider this KRG CZ 455 Chassis

After installing my Savage Bmag barreled action into a Boyds Pro Varmint and considering the amount of time I spent getting it square and properly bedded..... the KRG Bravo chassis on my Vudoo rifle was worth every dime over the cost of Boyds laminated lumber.

Per an email from XLR, the Element is a no-go right now because the extrusion used for it already comes to them with a radius larger than the CZ action. I know I'd buy one in a second. The new one from Rigid Alloy, with its trigger guard mag release, has my attention.
I have been looking at that one all day and very close to pulling the trigger.

I have been looking at that one all day and very close to pulling the trigger.
I have at one on 2 b-mags and a 223 ruger American predator, I glassbedded and put pillars in the stock for perfect fit works great in all 3 cases great fit and look
20180918_071155.jpg
20180918_070911.jpg
20180918_071136.jpg
20180918_070917.jpg