• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Boyds or Bell & Carlson - Tikka T3 Lite

Cold_Bore_88

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2013
The Woodlands, TX
Good afternoon,

My father-in-law passed me a Tikka T3 Lite in .270 WSM. The rifle shoots great but the stock is not cutting it for me.

Does anyone have experience with the Boyd's Laminate and/or the Bell & Carlson sporters? Both companies make drop-in stocks for the light models but I wasnt sure if anyone recommends going one way or another.

I have both. Both will still require some minor fitting. The laminate stock seems very heavy compared to the B&C. If you want to add weight, go boyds. If you want to keep lightweight, go B&C.

My B&C came with aluminum bedding block. Boyds does not have that so I had to send to gunsmithing for bedding.

B&C
20231226_132859.jpg

Boyd's
20221005_123006.jpg

I have both. Both will still require some minor fitting. The laminate stock seems very heavy compared to the B&C. If you want to add weight, go boyds. If you want to keep lightweight, go B&C.

My B&C came with aluminum bedding block. Boyds does not have that so I had to send to gunsmithing for bedding.

B&C
View attachment 8311397

Boyd's
View attachment 8311399
Thanks for the reply! Great point about the bedding block. I think that makes the decision easy for me.

Both look great though!

Reactions: stello1001