• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Brad Pitt Settles for $20.5 Million After Eco-Friendly Homes Fall Apart

PatMiles

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2017

Brad Pitt has been forced to settle for $20.5 million after the eco-friendly homes he built for victims of Hurricane Katrina began to fall apart.

Pitt’s idea was to not only ride to the rescue of the 9th Ward but to use the Make It Right foundation to prove eco-friendly homes can be built in an affordable fashion.

By 2018, 107 homes had been built and sold to low-income residents for about $150,000. There was just one problem. Actually, there were countless problems, millions of dollars in problems… Per far-left NBC News, residents complained of “mold and collapsing structures, electrical fires and gas leaks. They say the houses were built too quickly, with low-quality materials, and that the designs didn’t take into account New Orleans’ humid, rainy climate.”

The Green Utopia has yet to arrive.

Big surprise, eh?

The Green Utopia also lacks compassionate overlords willing to take responsibility for their mistakes, which is especially outrageous when you are talking about low-income customers who were likely in no financial position to pay to repair these issues themselves.

Well, after four years of litigation, a settlement has finally been reached:

Brad Pitt and his Make It Right Foundation, who were sued in 2018 over shoddy homes they built in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina, settled their lawsuit for $20.5 million.
The preliminary settlement, which still needs to be approved by a judge, will be funded by Global Green, an environmental nonprofit, has agreed to cover the settlement which will rectify the defects on the homes.
According to The Times-Picayune/The New Orleans Advocate, the program’s 107 homeowners will be eligible to receive $25,000 each as reimbursement for previous repairs.

More proof these Green People are the worst.

Let’s assume Pitt and the Make It Right foundation went into the 9th Ward with the best of intentions: to offer low-cost housing to financially-strapped victims of a hurricane. All good. Let’s also assume their intentions were good as far as building eco-friendly homes. I think the whole idea of eco-friendly anything is stupid, but whatever.

But to abandon these people… To force them to sue because your goody-goody experiment failed… How do you justify that? How does Brad Pitt justify making tens of millions per movie and not being a real hero by dashing into this catastrophe to make it right?

People who see themselves as morally pure terrify me. Do-gooders terrify me. In their eyes, they can do no wrong. They are so certain of their purity, that they just can’t see it. Those of us who know we’re sinful and imperfect constantly question our actions, especially how those actions will affect others.

Do-gooders just assume there’s no way they can do wrong and blithely wreak havoc throughout the world.

Sucks to be a hippy. He is forced to pay $20 mil for $16 mil in houses that people have lived in for the last 17 years basically rent free.

This is what is wrong with giving people shit for free. And this is what is wrong with the entire climate fraud movement. They are simps and idiots and you can boondoggle them on anything because they literally do not know a fucking thing about anything.

Sucks to be a hippy. He is forced to pay $20 mil for $16 mil in houses that people have lived in for the last 17 years basically rent free.

This is what is wrong with giving people shit for free. And this is what is wrong with the entire climate fraud movement. They are simps and idiots and you can boondoggle them on anything because they literally do not know a fucking thing about anything.
I'm sure their crap was insured, and they had to wait for a settlement in order for insurance to pay.
but, makes you wonder if the homeowners got their money back or if the lawyers got it all.

Yeah, how the fuck do you want more money that was spent on these houses? Were they maintained? Who did he subcontract with and who did they subcontract with? Locals? Missionaries? Lowest bidder? Some tree hugging corporate group who has never had a long term test of materials or construction type?

Anyways, the biggest shock, and you can fault me for it, I never really thought of Brad Pitt to be so conscience of the environment. Charity tax write off?

maxresdefault.jpg

maybe he should have hired this guy to build those houses with out nails or screws .

Reactions: msstate56

This. He tried to do a good thing and got fucked.

You should see the nice stuff, given to certain neighborhoods in Richmond, that has been destroyed. You cannot throw pearls before the hood and expect anything different. Every time I am there I shake my head.
Richmond is paradise compared to Capitol Heights Md.

Reactions: Lawless
Not sure about how these homes got the eco friendly label and in what ways they are different from typical US houses built out of 2by4 and particle board (which by itself is not the most durable of constructions and definitely not maintenance-free). but folks have been building 'eco-friendly' for a couple of thousand years and not have the homes fall apart in 17y .

But if you combine shoddy builders and 'low income' owners that never maintained a house in their life you can get the mentioned result eco friendly or not. Remember all the new homes that basically rotted away post-2008 crash , from not being used and maintained?

The Green Utopia also lacks compassionate overlords willing to take responsibility for their mistakes, which is especially outrageous when you are talking about low-income customers who were likely in no financial position to pay to repair these issues themselves.

Yea, didn't work one a house for 20 years, it runs down and start to fall apart.

lets think for a second who was he chained to at the time of building those houses.

and the other thing is if a person or people are used to living a certain way they will make their surrounds match

so u get a bushman, think 'the gods must be crazy' the world changed that much so he makes sense of it his own way

It was an amazing use of an evil coke bottle though i must say