• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Brain needed for Bergara bolt

gr8guns

Private
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2019
Bolt handle removal. I want to remove some CZ , Bergara B14R, and other rimfire bolt handles.
How is it done without damaging the old handle ? Thanks , y’all !

You said "others" so I'm not sure what "others" are... But the Christensen Arms Ranger 22 bolt handle is easily removable by removing the bolt from the gun, then simply pushing out a small pin (by hand, no tools required other than something small to push it out) that holds the bolt shroud and firing pin in place, and then sliding it out of the bolt body, and then pulling the bolt handle. Super simple design.

I swapped my CZ457 bolt knob to the Area419 version. I wrapped the factory knob in about 10 layers of electrical tape, gripped it with channel locks, and it came right off with zero damage to the finish. There is no need to grasp it super tight.

Rubber tape, rubber bands, old school rubber jar lid gripper. I wouldn't use electrical tape, no reason to put that gooey stuff on there, but it will work also.

Reactions: nikonNUT
End of a leather belt and a vise grips? I'm surprised it's that tight, my Approach knob was just loose one day, I had never messed with it.

Reactions: nikonNUT
I have strap wrenches with rubber bands. Then channel locks. Then the same thing to tighten but use removable thread lock.

I always hit the knob with some heat from a torch first and then a thick towel and some channel locks.

Reactions: wbbh