• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Brake vs Flash Hider Felt Recoil

jakhamr81

Minuteman
Aug 12, 2009
FT Smith, Ar
Has anyone noticed a significant reduction of felt recoil with a muzzle brake mount versus a flash hider mount with the suppressor attached? I'm five months into recovery following a rotator cuff repair and my shoulder is still pretty sensitive to recoil.

I currently have a Surefire FA762SS on a 17" bolt gun with the flash hider mount. I have a brake mount in the drawer but I suspect it won't make much difference with the can attached.

Has anyone noticed a significant reduction of felt recoil with a muzzle brake mount versus a flash hider mount with the suppressor attached? I'm five months into recovery following a rotator cuff repair and my shoulder is still pretty sensitive to recoil.

I currently have a Surefire FA762SS on a 17" bolt gun with the flash hider mount. I have a brake mount in the drawer but I suspect it won't make much difference with the can attached.

It won't make much of a difference, if any, and certainly nothing you'd notice. It will help protect the first baffle in the suppressor, though!

It makes no difference inside the suppressor. The gas all exits the end at the same speed regardless.

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to confirm my suspicions. I'll just have to stick to the .223 for a few more months.