• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Brand new Glock, possible issues

n2ishun

Bend over I'll drive
Minuteman
  • Jan 2, 2022
    Kansas
    beer.com
    Brand spanking new Glock 19, gen 5.
    First 3 mags, Fiocchi (115 grain if i remember right) listed on the box as 1230 fps which I thought seemed a bit hot but was not listed as +p.
    I do not think this is normal, in fact seems very abnormal to me.
    The pistol seems to work fine, nothing unusual like jams or anything like that, all rounds went bang and shooting seemed smooth.
    I'm very very used to big revolvers that kick hard so if recoil was above norm I would never notice it (I usually run a .44mag or a .454 Casull).
    All rounds went where I put them, I was just plinking on the side of the road to break in the new pistol, no target other than a small top load freezer that had been washed down the creek bed....seemed like a good bullet catcher to me ?

Should I send this in for repair work, or get a better fitting striker ?
    Or....is this normal for a glock ? It's my first Glock....am not overly familiar with them.

glack.jpg

Yep what☝️said.
    Here is a pic showing how they changed the shape of the firing pin hole on the gen 5.
    Yer good to go.

Attachments

• ADA58841-CC3B-49F6-9F39-53D5FB6E6966.png
      ADA58841-CC3B-49F6-9F39-53D5FB6E6966.png
      2.5 MB · Views: 67
    Reactions: xsn10s
    Thx.
    Still seems like a lot of *flow* around striker to me.
    Definitely appreciate input....honestly, I do.
    Like I said nothing unusual happened when I shot it, everything seemed to go well.
    Will wait for more input, just seems prudent.
    Not a knock, just me being cautious....hope you understand that.

Reactions: xsn10s
    Fiocchi runs hotter than many brands "range" ammo, European ammo often does. It is the ammo, not the gun, your Glock can handle it, no problem.

You're shooting junk in a creekbed by the side of the road? Where the fuck are you from? 🤣
    Jealous ?
    We can do that here and no one raises an eye.
    I had the pistol, pulled over at a quiet spot, dropped some rounds.
    Perfectly legal here.
    Maybe it's where you're from that is the issue....hmm.

BTW, thanks for the input guys.
    I'll just run her as is for a while.
    Have a few or 20 different kinds of ammo and do reload so there's that.
    It seems a decent enough pistol, small, light, and easy to shoot.
    Not fond of plastic, but that's just me.....it feels, cheap.
    I'll keep carrying my (all steel) CZ until this thing has proven it's self a bit more to me.

Yep what☝️said.
    Here is a pic showing how they changed the shape of the firing pin hole on the gen 5.
    Yer good to go.
    That's a great picture and clears up what's going on. I'm considering a G23 or G19 for EDC though lighter is better at my age lol. The does seem like a lot of primer flow. But like JimmyJr said I'd just switch to different ammo and run it.