• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Brand New Reloader - and I can't even start!

Turk10mm

Private
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2008
Houston, Tx
So, all my reloading gear has either arrived or is arriving. I've got 300 federal match 308 cases tumbled and half way prepped. I've got powder, bullets, and just about everything..... except some damn PRIMERS! I can't find anywhere in Houston that has primers.

This is rediculous. I live in a town of 6 million people and I can buy just about anything you can imagine within 30 minutes, from crack cocaine to lamborghinis and everything in between.

But I can't get a box of large rifle primers to save my life. Any ideas?

I guess I'll read my books through a second time.
cry.gif

Updated. See the post about Grafs and Sons. got a thousand BR 200's. damn hazmat fee about eats your lunch. Hopefully 1000 will last me a bit.

Re: Brand New Reloader - and I can't even start!

If you live within striking distance of Minneapolis MN I would gladly spot you a couple of boxes of large rifle primers to get you going.

Dude... I live in Houston. "If" anyone in Houston had primers they would be so ridiculously priced you be silly to buy them. Even the fun shows are scalping you now. Find them online and buy a minimum of 5 if not 10 or more THOUSAND at a time. A couple of buys should last you quite a long time. Do the same with powder.

That's the way I've been doing it. Buy in bulk when they are available a few months ahead of anticipated need.

I got 20k LR and 20k 5.56 russian primers just a bit ago.

I have about 2k FGMM LR match left, 6k of Rem 7.5's, and a few K of various winchesters and CCI's.

Powder and brass are my limitations currently. I want a lot of powder but I am not stocking a 100 lbs of powder!

Ha I know what you mean. I live in PA and my gun dealer was only selling 2 sleves per customer...WTF..he told me that he was spreading the wealth (hahaha). I asked him to order me some he said he could not find any. So I went to my class 3 dealer and bought a case of large and a case of magnums on top of what i all ready have. The hazmat fee was worth it. Had them in a week.

But you know us people from PA we put to much into guns and gods as certian qov. officals have said.

I only got a thousand because I just dumped a lot of money on all the startup gear. Telling the wife that the money I spent on reloading equipment didn't actually include anything to reload went over like a lead balloon. Hah, oh well. She'll get over it, or she won't. Either way, I got everything I need to load my first 300 rounds.

you may have to resort to powdervalley or pats reloading

Hear and understand your problem. I have trying to work up a load for my Tikka T3 223. Can't find the fricking small rifle primers. Two months ago before I got the rifle, they were every where. I am kicking myself for not getting some.