• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Brand New S&B PM II Ultra Short, turret spins when locked, very mushy and no clicks.

Obi-WanKannoli

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 18, 2020
USA
*UPDATE*

Euro Optic sent me a replacement optic, and it is perfect. Very happy with their CS. Even next day air shipped it when I told them I was out an optic and needed it to hunt this weekend.

20221202_151345.jpg

Pretty frustrated here. Brand new PM II Ultra Short, 3-20x50. Right out of the box, elevation turret is mute, feels like a stereo nob with next to zero audible or tactile feedback. Turret also spins when in the locked position as if it were in the MTC position. Turret is a DT II+ MTC LT. Here's a video:

Sending this back in for a complete replacement through RMA at Euro Optic who has been very helpful. Is this a known or common issue?

Last edited:
Hate that you're having an issue, but it's nice to see proof of things the industry people actually know and have experienced, that is normally hidden from the consumer masses. And that fact is, that S&B is just as susceptible to shitting the bed and producing a lemon, as any other company. Thanks for posting this. Sometimes things need a reality check and perspective. Price is not indicative of imperviousness to defect or failure.

Last edited:
Hate that you're having an issue, but it's nice to see proof of things the industry people actually know and have experienced, that is normally hidden from the consumer masses. And that fact is, that S&B is just as susceptible to shitting the bed and producing a lemon, as any other company. Thanks for posting this. Sometimes things need a reality check and perspective. Price is not indicative of imperviousness to defect or failure.
Not a problem, I am happy to share and I completely agree with the sentiment. Failure should always be in the realm of expectations no matter what you've spent.
It's almost like the allen head set screws are loose.
Euro Optic will make it right.
Yeah I am really not sure, I wasn't about to dive into it. S&B can deal with it. Euro Optic is a fantastic vendor and I have had nothing but A+ experiences with them over the years. They are the only place I get optics from at this point. Their team was extremely supportive, no questions asked we'll send you a new one. Really happy with Euro Optic.

Reactions: FuhQ
I only have the normal DT turrets, so I don't know if you slip the turrets the same way, but if you do, I'd sure check to make sure the set screws are tight before sending it all the way back cross-country.

I only have the normal DT turrets, so I don't know if you slip the turrets the same way, but if you do, I'd sure check to make sure the set screws are tight before sending it all the way back cross-country.

The dtii+ turrets clicks do not change after loosening the set screws. I have a few of these scopes and that turret is messed up for sure

The dtii+ turrets clicks do not change after loosening the set screws. I have a few of these scopes and that turret is messed up for sure
Yeah it's definitely beyond my fixing, S&B can tinker with it. since Euro Optic is one state away from me it doesn't really matter, I'll have a new one by the end of this coming week.

Reactions: vh20