• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Brass Cleaning and Annealing for Sniper's Hide Members !!!

Killshot44

Minuteman
Jun 10, 2010
NorCal
Would you like to clean your brass with stainless media and anneal it to bring it back to life,
but don't want to buy all the equipment needed to do it yourself?

Let me do the Cleaning and Annealing for you!

I'll decap the cases, deep clean them using stainless-steel media and anneal them using Bench-Source machines.
All this for .10 or .25 per case. Cases are ready to resize and shoot when returned.

Turnaround is typically 2-3 days. Smaller orders in 24 hours.

As of 1/30/19 the costs for Priority Mail delivery are $7.90 for their Small box, $14.35 for the Medium and $19.95 for the Large.

Note: This posting was pre-approved by Lowlight in 2011. Thank you, Frank.

Last edited:
Re: Brass cleaning and annealing

First batches of brass have been completed and shipped. Thanks!

Bump.

Does the $50 per 500 include shipping back to me or is that extra?

Cost for complete service (decapping, rounding dented necks, stainless cleaning and machine annealing) is .10/case for cases with caseheads up to .535". For Larger cases (.338 Lapua) the cost is .25 per case.

I normally return ship using Priority Mail. Cost is $7.90for a Small box, $14.35 for a Medium box and $19.95 for the Large box.

No job is too small or too big. I can do any centerfire cartridge except .50BMG

If interested, please send a PM or email me at [email protected]

Last edited:

I'd like to thank users Avidflyer, Mick265, MitchinOR, Ebby, Procovert45 and Wang who have sent me their brass for reconditioning.

So.........thanks!

If anyone has any questions about it, please send me a PM.

Bob

Thanks to Bob2, who just sent in .220Swift, .223Rem, 6BR, .243, 7mmRemMag and .338Lapua.

No backlog at the moment, 48hr turnaround!

Killshot

Which annealer are you using? I am guessing no problems with 6.5 Creedmoor

Which annealer are you using? I am guessing no problems with 6.5 Creedmoor?

I use a Bench-Source machine. I can do any rifle cartridge, from .22Hornet to .416 Barrett, including your 6.5 Creedmoor.

Last edited:

Guys a big thanks to Bob for the great job he did on my tired old 308 and 264 brass, thanks Bob, there will be more on the way soon, kudos for a great service.

Guy's if you need brass annealed and don't have the equipment send it to Bob you won't be dissapointed. I have used his service a few times and can't say enough about his work or service.

Just got another batch back today. Thanks Bob they look and work GREAT!!!!

Mick

Killshot, are you a site sponsor? Im pretty sure that advertising for services is against the rules unless you are a site sponsor. I would look for LL to be on your ass soon. Just giving you a heads up

Read the first post in his original thread and you'll see he's cleared it with Lowlight.

A "heads up" is done in a PM not in his thread.

Mick

A "heads up" is done in a PM not in his thread.

Mick

C'mon, Mick, obviously our good friend Mr Stick was just trying to be HELPFUL.

(there's a lot of that goin' on on the interwebs; helpful people everywhere you look.
grin.gif
)

Last edited:

Last brass was from Alabama, before that was Seattle. Think I've had orders from seven different states now.

Finished your matches for the season? Loading up for Deer or Elk? Get that brass reconditioned today. 48hr turnaround!

If I would have known you were going to do this I wouldn't have mortgaged myself to buy all the stuff to do it on my own.

December bump......

Here in sunny California it's always shooting season but where you live? Maybe not so much.

Have a bunch of brass that's all on different "cycles"? Get one winter chore out of the way and let me clean and anneal your brass to get you ready for next year.

Happy Holidays and Good Shooting!

Bob

Where'd the year go? Man, time flies when you're getting old.

Pre-Hanukkah bump for your dirty, tired brass.

Groundhog Day bump.

It's a sunny day in NorCal, if Phil was out <span style="font-style: italic">here</span> he'd see his shadow.

Just sent back a bunch from a couple of repeat customers. I'd like to say thanks to everyone and to Lowlight for letting me put this out there.

Got tired brass?

Avidflyer is a personal friend of mine and he speaks very highly of your service.

Do you have an option for just annealing? I've got a few hundred cases that are already decapped and cleaned, but are about due for annealing (3rd firing).

Avidflyer is a personal friend of mine and he speaks very highly of your service.

Do you have an option for just annealing? I've got a few hundred cases that are already decapped and cleaned, but are about due for annealing (3rd firing).

Thanks, I'm glad that he liked them. I treat every one like they're my own. Lapuas aren't cheap, and treated right, they will last.

I can just anneal if you'd like, I just caution tht the neck insides be cleaned either from SS media or Ultrasonic methods so it's not baking on any carbon.

Bob

Last edited:

Bump for June.......

Give me your poor, your tired brass - yearning to be cleaned and annealed......

Great work Killshot44.

Just got a batch back today. 1 day turnover on his end. 2 days each way priority flat-rate box.

Before/After (7.62 Austrian mil-surp):

My 4x fired Lapua:

Sweet.

I've done a few orders of 300BLK cases recently. You can anneal them after cutting and trimming but <span style="font-style: italic">before</span> sizing - or anneal them after sizing, your choice.

Bump to the top....
Good Shooting to you all.

Last edited:

I've had Killshot clean and anneal my brass as well. Great turn around and it makes a huge difference! The work really extends the life of the brass.

I have been sending my brass to Bob, it comes back properly cleaned and annealed, I cannot help but think that this is without doubt some the smartest money that I have spent and that the 260, 308 and Grendel brass is going to last a hell of lot longer.

Thanks Iggy and Martin.

I believe I've hit the 200 customer mark. Thanks to everyone on the Hide for using my service.

FWIW I'm also a F-Class competitor. I SS clean and anneal my brass after every firing.

Just got my brass back yesterday from you Bob. Thanks alot. They look nice and should work as new. Primer pockets and all are nice. Thanks!!

Josh

Damn, for 10 cents a case, I don't think a guy can loose on this deal. I may be contacting you soon as I have a metric shit ton of brass needing your help.

Guys, I took a few photos of a recent order of some .284 Winchester brass....

Here's the as-received dirty - the insides were fiiiiiiillthy, caked with carbon.
Brassdirty.jpg

Here's the brass after cleaning
Brassclean2.jpg

And after annealing, ready to go home
BrassAnnealed.jpg

One of these days I'll post a video of the machine running to show you the set up.

In the meantime, thanks for clicking on the thread and keep 'em in the 10-ring.

Bob

I also run a tumbler with stainless media. What method have you found that is simplest to get the nice spot-free end product?

Re: Brass cleaning and annealing 12-13-12 UPDATE

Guys, I would like to say thanks to everyone who has used my little cleaning and annealing service.

<span style="font-weight: bold">How about a <span style="text-decoration: underline">Thank You</span> Special?</span>

For anyone sending their brass before December 31st, the cost is only <span style="font-weight: bold">.05/case</span> for the whole decap, SS clean and machine-anneal treatment. That's half the usual charge.

Send a PM with any questions you might have.

Happy Holidays!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killshot44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys, I would like to say thanks to everyone who has used my little cleaning and annealing service.

<span style="font-weight: bold">How about a <span style="text-decoration: underline">Thank You</span> Special?</span>

For anyone sending their brass before December 31st, the cost is only <span style="font-weight: bold">.05/case</span> for the whole decap, SS clean and machine-anneal treatment. That's half the usual charge.

Send a PM with any questions you might have.

Happy Holidays!

</div></div>

PM sent

Bumpers.....

For those taking advantage of the special, any orders shipped before year's end (next Monday) will get the .05/case pricing.

After that, back up to the outrageous .10/case......

Shipped on Monday work?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LawnMM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shipped on Monday work? </div></div>

Yes! <span style="font-weight: bold">The 1/2 off price is good through Dec 31st</span>. Anything that gets to the Post Office by close of business this Monday gets it.

Just do me a favor and PM me what is coming and your name.

Include cash or money order with the brass, include $ for the return trip.

Bob Ariana
173 Doray Drive
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523

For .05 per case it would almost be worth my decapping the cases that I have already primed and are waiting to load. Guess I'll have to wait till next time as decapping live primers makes some folks understandably uncomfortable.