• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Brass collection?

BALLISTIC

Jack of all Trades
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2002
Vinland
I am going to start reloading soon, and I have started collecting my brass. It is simple to collect the brass from my bolt rifles and revolvers, but how does one easily collect brass from auto loading firearms? My AR and GLOCKs chuck the brass about 6 feet to the 5 o'clock position. When I am out in the desert it's not that bad to walk over and pick it up, but when it's at a range with concrete/asphalt ground the brass bounces and can roll quite a distance.

I have seen those bags that one can attach to a AR, and they seem decent enough for most shooting, but what about for the GLOCKs?

Re: Brass collection?

Can you lay a tarp down or put a large pail on the ground where the brass generally falls?

My G20 will drop the cases in a 5 gal pail about 80% of the time.

When our kids were young I would pay them a dollar per range visit to pick up my brass. Our oldest daughter at 37 is still a good eye on picking up brass.

My boys pick up brass for .22 ammo. They know mine because they are the ones that are shiny. When they find a same caliber, they give it to me to inspect, and get shown what to look for if I toss it. If it cleans well, and still looks good, they know it. If it cleans well, and has an issue, they get shown that as well.
Had to pick up my own th eother day...COD WoW for them!

I tell you what real cool. Find some old brass that be weathered at least a year or two. Clean,but do not tumble,no brass cleaner of any kind. The brass case should look dark and grainy,make color contrasts,pick a nice copper jacket buttel with hollow point that blown open,pleated,and inside sliver hollow point. Next,put a brass color primer in and you got yourself one hell of a unipe color contrasting cartidge that everyones wants to see!!!!