• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Brass collection

Gypsy

Private
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2017
How the hell do you guys get your brass back during a match? Gas gun matches brass is piled up by the 2-3rd relay. Hoping frontier 556 OTM shoots sub MOA cause it is cheap. Want to do a Valkery but a 85-1.00 a shot is spendy. Range time
Is not a big deal. I reload and loosing a piece of brass from my bolt gun about puts me in the fetal position. I would
Like a 75% return if possible.

Break out the wallet, but these are probably the best I have seen when I looked into brass catchers.

^^^^^^^^^^ brass catcher. This sport is not cheap. You could go with a much, much cheaper Caldwell catcher - then buy the one listed above.
OFG

I've never had a problem with the Caldwell pic mounted brass catcher...

I've used the Caldwell and haven't had any problems at the range or during a match. Not as nice as that other one for sure but it works for me.

My caldwell has worked fine.

That hornady frontier stuff doesnt shoot very well for me in anything. The norma tac has worked well in everything Ive put it though plus you have useable brass after the initial firing unlike the frontier. Both are crimped pockets but the frontier doesnt hardly hold a primer after the crimp is swaged or reamed.

Either suck it up or stay on the bench. Brass catchers are gayer than 2 dicks touching...and likely an insurmountable hinderance in any real match.

When your homophobia won't allow you to use the best solution, here's a low tech solution for when you have time to pick it up, but want to find YOUR brass...

This is the gas-gun sub, I'd run a brass catcher. I've never had one get in the way. I even saw a guy running one on a bolt gun at the Best in Texas match a few months ago.