• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Brass Collector

gettyimages-80411628-1024x1024.jpg

Im not suggesting slavery... But... Child labor.

Those squirrel cage design brass pickers are horrible on any ground with rocks. They do work well on paved surfaces but seems to pick up everything you do not want as well.

Nothing works better than a pair of knee pads and a small bucket IMO

A plastic rake and a pair of hand rakes.
Dump them into a Harbor Freight cement mixer and tumble slowly open end down.
Don't forget to place a screened cover over the opening.
All the dirt will be gone, but you'll have to separate the rocks and other shit.

Buy three of them and use the second one with treated walnut.

The third one gets treated corn cob.

Now you have clean brass that just needs sorting

LOL, thanks!

I’m kind of thinking that this is what the cadets are for. But then I’d have to babysit them on the range.

I’m not going to reload it, it’s just that the range we rent wants us to start picking up the brass. In days past, they had folks who came in and picked it and sold it to the recycle place. I guess they don’t need to do that now. Gov’t handouts must be too lucrative to do manual labor.

A rake and a scoop shovel are the tits for just cleaning up.
Toss it in a 5 gallon bucket for the scroungers like me. 🤣
I try to save what I can and then get it into other people's hands.

I see so much useful brass thrown into the trash that it sickens me.
There's always someone that could put it to good use instead of it finding its way to the landfill.

Chillax waterborne infantryman…we couldn’t afford nice long, known distance ranges…the CG has been sucking hind-tit since 1790. They still issued 1911s when I joined in 88. And we had real M16s with the full giggle switch until the mid 90s when we swapped uppers and got/made A2s…