• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Brass differences???

FNG

Private
Minuteman
Sep 19, 2005
Allen, TX
Can you tell me what the difference is between Nosler, Winchester, Norma, Lapua, Hornady, Federal and Remington Brass? I found lots of "this is better than that" stuff but no specifics. Which is softer, which is smaller inside kind of info. Also which ones are similar? Or if there is a link to the info that would work also. Thanks all for the help.
I have some Lapua, Federal and Remington for my 308 and will be loading soon and was curious about load differences. I will be using RE15 or Varget with 210M primers and 168 amax. Thanks again

Re: Brass differences???

get a scale
get some water

if you are to drive a semi auto....then brass life will be limited
if you are to drive a bolt gun.....consistent brass is your friend

a chronograph is your friend
competition dies are your friend

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">get a scale
get some water

if you are to drive a semi auto....then brass life will be limited
if you are to drive a bolt gun.....consistent brass is your friend

a chronograph is your friend
competition dies are your friend </div></div>

That about sums it up.

Ok I can do that but can you tell me which is would be softer brass. I read Federal was softer than Win and Lapua is hard but was looking more and found that several said Federal was real close to Winchester. The load I develope for my Lapua brass could be used with good results in Remington, Federal or evan Winchester?

......................yes

don't get wrapped around the axle on internet intel....if your stick do well with brand x, then run with it.

savvy the consistent

seek the repeatable

do train

Can you tell me what the difference is between Nosler, Winchester, Norma, Lapua, Hornady, Federal and Remington Brass? I found lots of "this is better than that" stuff but no specifics. Which is softer, which is smaller inside kind of info. Also which ones are similar? Or if there is a link to the info that would work also. Thanks all for the help.
I have some Lapua, Federal and Remington for my 308 and will be loading soon and was curious about load differences. I will be using RE15 or Varget with 210M primers and 168 amax. Thanks again

Lapua is the best quality out of the three. It has the hardest case head. It will last the longest. Federal and Remington are soft. Remington has more capacity because it is some 10 grains lighter.