• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Brass Enclosed Base

Re: Brass Enclosed Base

Probably a typo by an uninformed intern writing product descriptions.

It's the same as Total Metal Jackets, most bullets are actually made of gilding metal not straight up copper anyway.

You won't see any difference with these except reduced lead fouling from a hot powder charge vaporizing the lead as it scoots down the barrel.

Don't think it's a typo, I think they just replaced the copper with brass?

I googled it as my g/f just bought 500 rds of 9mm..

Maybe. Most HP's are constructed like this, this just looks like it's kinda like JSP flat points. I doubt you'll see anything more than marketing BS about it.

Brass jacketed bullets are not new, most of the Tokarev factory ammo my dad has from FIOCCI are brass and a lot of the 9mm FIOCCI that he has is as well. It all seems to shoot the same.

I've put a box through my Glock 17 and didn't notice a difference from CCI Blazers... I clean my gun every time I shoot it and didn't really notice more or less on the patches. Have fun with them.

Matter of semantics. There are all sorts of brass compositions. Gilding metal jacteted bullets are a type.That is just, as Bohem stated, advertising copy.

They work pretty darn well. With a conventional FMJ the lead vaporizes and leaves a fair amount of smoke. It's really noticable when shooting inside or in a confined space. The enclosed base eliminates that. I also wouldn't be surprised if a similar quailty enclosed base bullet was more accurate than the exposed lead bases bullet. Hollowpoints are more accurate in part for this reason.